Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- For those of you who are dreaming big—really big—for your wedding day, you've now got the option to rent out Magic Kingdom—yep, the whole park—for your nuptials. It'll set you back a little bit. The starting price for this after-hours event is $180,000!
- A brand-new holiday spectacular is headed to Disney's Hollywood Studios starting Nov. 14. “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” will include state-of-the-art projections, special effects and fireworks on the Chinese Theater. In this brand-new show, Santa has gone missing, and elves Wayne and Lenny from the animated special "Prep & Landing" will bring spirited adventure to the North Pole.
- If you've been around Universal Orlando, especially near its hotels or along Interstate 4, you know Universal's Volcano Bay is taking shape. The water theme park's iconic volcano and some of its slides are quite clear in this ariel view from the Orlando Sentinel.
- "The Muppets Present ... Great Moments in American History" made its debut at Magic Kingdom. It includes one of my favorite frogs (no, not Leap), Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzy Beach, Gonzo and a host of others.
- The Orlando Sentinel dives into the world of monorail manners. Some of them are common (and not so common) courtesies, but some of them just help make embarking and disembarking that much easier for everyone.
- If you're headed to Epcot Food & Wine this fall, make sure you get your photo with Remy from "Ratatouille." He's part of the Magic Shot you can get using PhotoPass.
- A wine bar is headed to Disney Springs in fall of 2017, courtesy of master sommelier George Miliotes. Wine Bar George will offer seating for 210 and more than 100 wines by bottle or glass. Miliotes was part of the opening team for California Grill when it debuted in 1995 and is one of only 230 master sommeliers around the world.
- A pregnant manatee rescued off the shores of Cape Cod in too cold waters is headed to SeaWorld Orlando's rescue facilities, where she will be rehabilitated and then released.
- For those of you who want to stay up on your Disneyland celebrity sightings, Blake Shelton made his first visit to the park with Gwen Stefani. No doubt he had a blast!
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!