Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- There's a #HighSurfAdvisory at SeaWorld Orlando! The theme park teased a brand-new, "first-of-its-kind" roller coaster and confirmed it will open sometime in 2023. SeaWorld shared a first-look video of its unnamed coaster, indicating a surf theme. As the park's seventh coaster, it will make a splash among the lineup of thrilling attractions, including the most recent Ice Breaker ride, which opened in February 2022.
- Want to ride around Disney World in style? You'll soon be able to — the Minnie Van service returns June 29, 2022! The polka-dotted vans will once again provide a convenient transportation option around the resort, provided directly through the Lyft ridesharing app. The Minnie Van service debuted in 2017, majorly expanded in 2019 and has been paused ever since Disney World's reopening in 2020.
- Universal announced "Halloween" as the second haunted house for this year's Halloween Horror Nights event on both coasts. Before "Halloween Ends" (the final installment of the franchise's latest trilogy) premieres Oct. 14, guests can go all the way to the beginning and come face-to-face with the infamous knife-wielding killer, Michael Myers. The event begins Sept. 2 in Orlando and Sept. 8 in Hollywood. For more details, check out our HHN Orlando and HHN Hollywood guides!
- Bring on your school spirit! New details have been released for the new Disneyland After Dark: Grad Nite Reunion event, which celebrates past and present high school grads. Mickey's glee club and Goofy's dance team will lead a pep rally along the parade route. You'll also be able to find a Route 66 street party celebrating the '60s in Cars Land, retro disco karaoke in Pacific Wharf and a graduating class dance party in Hollywood Land. Plus, you can pictures with characters in their caps and gowns, and enjoy nostalgic flavors and throwback treats. And we've got good news — Undercover Tourist is now selling discounted event tickets!
- The fan-favorite Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue returns June 23, and Disney has shared an updated menu for the dinner show at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Cornbread-crusted mac and cheese and The Giddy-Up cocktail will now join the classic, all-you-care-to-eat offerings such as the Hoop salad, pecan-smoked barbecue pork ribs, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, Cowboy Beans and Ma's Famous Strawberry Shortcake. My mouth is already watering ...
- The Disney Dream has bid farewell to its home port of more than a decade. The Disney Cruise Line ship has sailed out of Port Canaveral since its maiden voyage in 2011, but it is moving on to Miami this year and will sail throughout Europe in 2023. Meanwhile, the Disney Wish has officially been delivered to Disney Cruise Line and is expected to arrive at Port Canaveral on June 20 for the July 14 start of its maiden voyage.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.