Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- SeaWorld San Diego is splashing back into action! Beginning this week, SeaWorld is launching a new event called Zoo Days: Bayside BBQ and Brews, where guests can enjoy outdoor animal exhibits and presentations with social distancing and other health and safety measures in place, plus a tasting lanyard to dive into BBQ and paired craft beer or wine (and yes, the lanyard is included in the price of your ticket!). Zoo Days: Bayside BBQ and Brews will run Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from Aug. 28 to Sept. 27, as well as Labor Day. Capacity will be limited ...you'll need to reserve your spot when you purchase your ticket ... which you can get at a discount from your favorite frogs here!
- And on the opposite coast, SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica will now be open seven days a week! That means even more time to take in the park's fun events, including the Craft Beer Festival, Electric Ocean Remix and Flicks and Fireworks. Ribbet!
- Disney went all out for International Dog Day, with an all day takeover featuring the latest in doggie accessories (including doggo ears), treat recipes, tips from runDisney for running with your pup and even an ode to Mickey's canine pal, Pluto. You can check out a full recap on the Disney Parks Blog. (You don't want to miss the video of puppies in Disney costumes — best treat ever!)
- If you'll be in Disney's Hollywood Studios soon, you can catch a preview of the new live action "Mulan" before its big Disney+ debut Sept. 4! Visit the Walt Disney Presents attraction for a teaser of the film, plus a look at some of the costumes used in the movie (including a warrior sword — cool!).
- Life ... is still finding a way at Universal's Islands of Adventure! While Universal Orlando Resort remains mum on its progress (minus a few cheeky social media comments), a wrapped velociraptor statue was hoisted over the coaster track this week. We are so ready for the full deets (and a ride, of course)!
- Universal Orlando Resort did, however, release some toadally awesome ways to keep the Halloween Horror Nights spirit alive while we all count down to 2021, including pizza fries at Louie's, new rooms in the HHN Tribute Store to explore and even an #HHNForever playlist on Spotify. (Adding all to our UOR to-do list ASAP!)
- Are you ready? Disney World announced that fall is on its way to Walt Disney World Resort from Sept. 15 to Oct. 31! While Mickey's Not-So-Scary won't be hoppening this year, guests will still be able to wear their costumes to the parks! And it won't just be guests in their Halloween best — characters will be donning their spooky-best too, including a brand-new cavalcade! Decorations, including everyone's favorite Mickey pumpkin wreaths in Magic Kingdom, will be returning this year, as will delicious seasonal treats all around property. YAY!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.