Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- You've probably noticed that we can't stop raving about SeaWorld Orlando's Seven Seas Food Festival, so imagine how excited we were to hear that the event has been extended for two more weekends! Now taking place through April 29, guests will have even more time to experience the concerts, food, drinks and more gracing the streets of SeaWorld during this festival.
- Voodoo Doughnut has soft-opened at Universal Orlando's CityWalk. During this preview stage, hours are unofficial and unscheduled — so keep an eye out to see if you can snag a Bacon Maple Bar or Voodoo Doll doughnut during your visit. Be sure to hop on the doughnut throne outside for the ultimate Instagram!
- Disney World shared news this week on a new art exhibition coming to Epcot's America pavilion. Located in the American Heritage Gallery at the American Adventure, “Creating Tradition: Innovation and Change in American Indian Art” will showcase interactive elements and a behind-the-scenes look into the creative process of featured artists.
- Ready to splash into some savings? For a limited time only, save an extra $5 on our already discounted Walt Disney World tickets with E-delivery. You can even get this deal on our Magic Your Way and Park Hopper tickets with extra days included for toad-ally awesome combined savings. Hop to it!
- If Universal is more your speed, we've got a hopping good deal with Universal 3-Day Base Ticket + 2 Extra Days FREE promo tickets. You can get it as a base ticket (one park per day) or a park-to-park option.
- Tickets are officially on sale to the public for Disneyland's Star Wars Nite in continuation of their After Dark Event Series. The fun starts at 6 p.m. May 3 and runs until 1 a.m. on what many consider "Star Wars Day," May the 4th. Tad is thrilled for the return of Hyperspace Mountain, while Lily is most excited to meet Rey.
- Have you visited Universal Cinema at Universal Hollywood's CityWalk lately? The movie theater has been recently redesigned with the addition of The Director's Lounge, a new upscale bar for fun before or after your film. With deluxe power-reclining seats in each theater and an expanded concession menu at The Marketplace, going to the movies has never been more fun! We can't wait to check it out on our next visit.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.