Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park news highlights:
- Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins, Lily's two favorite characters at the moment, have made their character dining debuts at the Disney Junior Play 'n' Dine breakfasts and lunches at Disney's Hollywood Studios. We cannot wait to head back to Hollywood & Vine to visit our favorite doc and princess!
- SeaWorld's Bands, Brew & BBQ kicks off this weekend with performances from Alan Jackson and Kid Rock. The concerts are held Saturdays and Sundays through March 9.
- We're just a little more than a month away from the kick off of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, and this week we get a first look at this year's merchandise. The popular topiary artwork from last year will be back, but I was quite taken with the buzzing bees coffee cup with Mickey and Minnie.
- A few of the props to be featured in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley were revealed this weekend during A Celebration of Harry Potter, held on site at Universal Orlando.
- The farm animals have arrived at DUPLO Valley, a new area at LEGOLAND Florida geared toward toddlers through 5-year-olds that is set to open May 23. The animals will be part of the mini tractor ride and water play area. LEGOLAND is set to open DUPLO Valley, a new play area geared toward toddlers through 5-year-olds.
- As you know, one of the things I love most at Disney are the scrumptious caramel apples. So I almost started packing my bags when I saw the featured apple for the month of February at Disneyland is a Black Forest apple that is covered in dark chocolate and toasted almonds. Yum!
- Universal added a handful of performers to its lineup for this year's Mardi Gras concerts, including Weezer and A Great Big World.
- Disney's Festival of Fantasy floats have arrived in Magic Kingdom. The new parade debuting some time in spring will highlight the stories of "The Little Mermaid," "Peter Pan," "Dumbo" and others.
- Last but not least, a few more details were revealed for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom, the final attraction set to open in New Fantasyland some time in 2014.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.
— Mommy Frog