Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Space 220 Restaurant will officially take its first voyagers on a stellar culinary adventure Sept. 20, 2021! Located at EPCOT (next to Mission: SPACE), you'll step into a special space elevator and ascend to a space station 220 miles above Earth. While peering out of panoramic windows, enjoy a two-course prix fixe menu for lunch and a three-course prix fixe menu for dinner, as well as a wide selection of wines, cocktails and craft beer.
- Last month, Disney's Animal Kingdom celebrated the birth of a western lowland gorilla baby to parents, Azizi and Gino, and recently, the entire troop helped with the name reveal of its newest member. Ada, which means "first daughter," can be spotted bonding with her family at the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail.
- Do you hear sleigh bells ringing yet? (Maybe, sort of, in the distance?) Holiday magic is coming to Disneyland Resort, starting Nov. 12, 2021, and the festivities will continue through Jan. 9, 2022. Many beloved traditions are returning, including "A Christmas Fantasy" parade and "Believe ... in Holiday Magic" fireworks at Disneyland Park and Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure Park. Plus, don't miss the giant gingerbread house at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa! And of course, Santa will be making a stop before his annual trip around the globe.
- But before we can enjoy hot cocoa and Christmas carols, we need to survive Universal Orlando Resort's Halloween Horror Nights, which starts tonight! Hop along with us on Instagram and Facebook while we make our way through 10 haunted houses and five scare zones. By the way, it has been confirmed that there will be vinyl dividers to keep guests and scare actors toadally safe. Wish us luck!
- Meanwhile, over on the West Coast, Halloween Time starts today at Disneyland Resort! Take spooky selfies with socially distanced characters in costume. Watch the "Halloween Screams" projection show (fireworks hoppen on weekends). Ride Haunted Mansion Holiday, which celebrates 20 ch-eerie years. And eat alllll of the treats (no tricks here!).
- Big news for frequent Disney World visitors: details about the new passholder program has been announced. There are now four options (Disney Incredi-Pass, Disney Sorcerer Pass, Disney Pirate Pass and Disney Pixie Dust Pass) that provide varying levels of perks. Disney World passes go on sale Sept. 8, just in time for the 50th-anniversary celebration.
- Speaking of which, we got a sneak peek at Disney KiteTails, a new show debuting Oct. 1 at Disney's Animal Kingdom. The creative team shared a behind-the-scenes look at the giant inflatable kites that will soar in the sky above Discovery River.
- Disney Cruise Line announced that the Disney Wonder will resume sailing from San Diego Oct. 1. It will be the last ship of the magical fleet to return to the sea with stops in Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.