Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Something wicked this way comes! OK, we are toadally exaggerating — it's just frightfully fun Halloween merchandise from the Disney Parks! Disney released a look at upcoming merchandise that will be available on ShopDisney.com and in the parks, including spirit jerseys, face masks, wheelchair cover costume sets and even doggie gear. We want it all!
- Raise your hand if you're ready to skip the lines at Universal Orlando Resort! If your hand is up, we've got hoppin' news for you: Your favorite frogs are now selling Universal Orlando Resort Express Passes! You can choose between a standard Express Pass (which allows you to skip the line for each ride once) and an Unlimited Express Pass (which means you can skip the lines as many times as you'd like), at one or both Universal parks. As always, we're here to save you some green when you purchase through us!
- It's not all doom and gloom when it comes to Halloween events in Orlando. Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will be returning this year, beginning Sept. 25! This year, the event will be modified to include enhanced safety measures, such as mandatory face masks, limited capacity, open-air scare zones and social distancing. Howl-O-Scream is a separately ticketed event that will require park reservations to attend this year, so be sure to hop to it if you want to get your scare on!
- Update time! You may recall that we previously mentioned that National Geographic is producing a television series centered around the animal care experts and the animals they care for at both Disney’s Animal Kingdom and The Seas with Nemo & Friends at EPCOT. Well, now the show has a debut date on Disney+! "The Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom" will debut Sept. 25. Likewise, remember that sweet baby mandrill that was born at Disney's Animal Kingdom recently, but stuck close enough to mom that sex, and thus a name, couldn't be established? Well, baby girl Olive finally gave animal care experts a good enough look at her that she could be named. We can't wait to catch other Animal Kingdom friends on Disney+ soon!
- Select AMC Theaters are reopening Aug. 20 ... with 15-cent tickets opening day! The price is in celebration of AMC's centennial anniversary, a throwback to 1920's movie theater ticket prices. Disney Springs' AMC Theater will be among the theaters reopening to the public, with enhanced safety measures in place.
- It's o-fish-ally Shark Week! If you want to commemorate the occasion by getting up close and personal with some sharks yourself, SeaWorld Orlando has just the event for you! The park's Shark Celebration, hoppening this weekend, includes special Animal Care Specialist Talks to learn more about our finned friends, dining with a sharky view at Underwater Grill and even the opportunity to feed sharks in the Shark Up-Close Tour. (For an even closer shark experience, the Shark Swim Program has reopened with limited capacity at Discovery Cove!)
Looking to celebrate Shark Week in a (gulp) less up-close way? Starbucks Marketplace at Disney Springs is now serving up the Shark Attack Frappuccino, featuring strawberries and cream with blueberries with a confetti cookie blended in. Yes, please!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.