Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- Yet again, we have another Star Wars announcement big enough to make Tad leap for joy! The VOID is bringing an out-of-this-world hyper-reality experience, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, to Downtown Disney and Disney Springs. The Star Wars VR experience is available starting this holiday season and will combine touch, sound, environmental effects, sight, smell and motion, so guests will feel like they've been transported to a galaxy far, far away.
- Rivers of America at Disneyland Park is officially open again! While nothing major changed, there are quite a few frog-tastic additions and details we are hopping with joy about. Check out some of the pictures at Mice Chat!
- There are plenty of things happening at Universal Studios Hollywood. You'll see some of the construction for the Halloween Horror Nights mazes (exciting!), as well as the construction of the new Animation Studio Store. We are super pumped for the new Poke Bar restaurant at CityWalk and can't wait until it's ready!
- Heading to Knott's Scary Farm this year at Knott's Berry Farm? Details of the event were recently shared at the Midsummer Scream convention, including that there will be 13 haunted attractions! Knott's Scary Farm is also debuting the Fast Lane, which will give guests the option to have priority access to mazes and select rides. Knott's Scary Farm will be taking place select nights Sept. 21-Oct 31. Check out our survival guide from last year's event to get prepared for this year!
- Nothing makes us frogs hoppier than saving a bit of coin, so finding snacks for under $5 (and mouth-watering snacks at that) at Disneyland makes the day even better! From hot-and-fresh churros to a Matterhorn Macaroon, there's something at Disneyland to hit the spot.
- Who's your favorite Marvel super hero or villain? At Marvel Super Hero Island inside Universal's Islands of Adventure, you can immerse yourself in the Marvel world and find your inner super hero (or villain, if you're into that). Check out seven must-do things at Marvel Super Hero Island.
- Are you as excited for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party as us? Take a sneak peek at the ghoulish trading pins available during the party. While you're at it, look over our guide to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party so you can have a spooktacular time!
- Last, but not least, the Slinky Dog Dash roller coaster track has been completed! Part of the new Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios, the roller coaster is one of two of the land's attraction. We can't wait for next summer!
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend.