Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park highlights:
- The Star Wars Weekends 2015 dates have been revealed, with the event coming back for another five weeks! The annual celebration of all things Star Wars at Disney's Hollywood Studios will happen May 15-17, May 22-24, May 29-31, June 5-7 and June 12-14.
- The Orlando Sentinel has a must-read piece on the future of Disney's Hollywood Studios with so many recent changes.
- Meanwhile, Universal Orlando Resort has filed construction permits for the property south of Cabana Bay Beach Resort, with primary speculation that it could be used for a water park.
- Footage from One Direction's recent concert at Universal Orlando will be included in a televised special Dec. 23 called "One Direction: The TV Special."
- Heading to Disney World this holiday season and looking for where to buy "Frozen" merchandise? Look no further than this Disney Parks Blog post and these cute-as-can-be Sven plushes!
- "Frozen" actor Jonathan Groff, who voiced Kristoff, made his Epcot Candlelight Processional debut earlier this week. Returning narrator Whoopi Goldberg takes over tonight.
- You might have seen our post yesterday about the wonderful Holidays Around the World eats and treats at Epcot this season. Now you can see some of the terrific gifts that are available for purchase.
- Ever wondered just how many lights and ornaments it takes to deck the halls on Main Street U.S.A. in Disneyland at Christmastime? Well, that's 10,000 lights and 79,000 ornaments. Here are a few more fun holiday facts.
- And if you're visiting Disneyland between now and Feb. 22, you're in luck because that's how long Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink is going to stick around for the winter season.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.