Gobble, gobble! It's never too early to start thinking about Thanksgiving, especially if you're hopping to the Disneyland Resort. While Thanksgiving itself isn't a major affair in the parks since they will be decorated for Christmas, the dining experience is. Here is everything you need to know to find your Disneyland Thanksgiving dinner ... plus a few tips! The Disneyland Thanksgiving dinner offerings for 2022 are available as of mid-October! Are you hungry for all of the mouth-watering details? Us, too! Let's hop to it!
There are usually many options for Disneyland Thanksgiving dinner. In normal years, there are large buffet dinners, table-service dinners and quick-service turkey dinners. In 2022, select hotel restaurants offer special dining on Thanksgiving day. You can dine at Napa Rose, Storyteller's Café and Goofy's Kitchen. Most Disney dining reservations for table-service restaurants and large ballroom events (when they return) fill up as soon as the reservation window opens. You can book online or through the Disneyland app to make a Thanksgiving dinner reservation at the Disneyland Resort. Don't fret if you've missed that window! Keep checking back in case of cancellations. For quick-service Disneyland Thanksgiving dinners, there are plenty of delicious options in Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure.
If you want to have a full, sit-down meal for Thanksgiving at the parks, you can make advance reservations (be aware that many will be fully booked) in the Disneyland app and at disneyland.com/dining as early as 60 days in advance (about 6 a.m. PST). But always keep checking because not all restaurant reservations open up that day or at the same time.
Where to Find Thanksgiving Dinner at Disneyland Park in 2022
Keep in mind that you can look up each restaurant's menu to see both seasonal and Thanksgiving offerings for that day. Menus usually appear online or in the app a few weeks in advance. Here are a few options for Thanksgiving Day in the park:
- Café Orleans (Noting is noted for 2022)
- Carnation Café (In the past had traditional Thanksgiving dinner with turkey, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, veggies and pumpkin pie, but noting is noted for 2022)
- French Market Restaurant (Quick-service restaurant with Thanksgiving day Turkey Dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, Cajun-inspired stuffing, cranberry sauce and a potato roll. Pumpkin pie is on the menu.)
- Plaza Inn (Quick-service restaurant with nothing mentioned besides seasonal desserts)
- River Belle Terrace (Nothing noted this year)
- Rancho del Zocalo (Seasonal offerings but no turkey mentioned this year)
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Café (Turkey pot pie soup and a Thanks-mas Sandwich throughout the 2022-23 season)
Ultimately, you can type "turkey" into the Disneyland app and find all of the restaurants with turkey on the menu. It might be a yummy holiday turkey sandwich, such as this one from Jolly Holiday Café, but it will be turkey.
Where to Find Thanksgiving Dinner at Disney California Adventure Park in 2022
There are fewer choices at this park on Thanksgiving, but still a ton of holiday foods to try (you can look up each restaurant's menu in the app about a day ahead of time to sew special items for Thanksgiving day:
- Carthay Circle Restaurant (Seasonal flavors such as turkey scallopini and pumpkin cheesecake cannolis)
- Flo's V-8 Cafe (Quick-service restaurant usually has a Thanksgiving dinner for lunch and dinner with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, vegetables and cranberry sauce as well as pumpkin pie on the menu)
- Pacific Wharf Café (Quick-service restaurant with seasonal offerings and turkey sourdough Thanksgiving Day and the day before)
- Get small bites from the Festival of Holidays food booths such as Turkey Poutine at the Merry Mashups booth or the Pumpkin Layered Cheesecake at Grandma's Recipes booth.
In both parks, you can always grab a turkey leg and corn on the cob for a Thanksgiving meal on the go. Get some turkey poutine from a festival marketplace (but of course, it's no substitute for the real thing). Other restaurants have seasonal offerings that you can find in our yummy guide to holiday food at Disneyland.
Where to Find Thanksgiving Dinner at the Disneyland Resort Hotels
- Goofy's Kitchen: The buffet adds turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes with marshmallows and seasonal desserts to the brunch and dinner menus. Plus the characters are there to help you celebrate! Bunch meals are $60 for adults and $32 for kids (plus tax and gratuity). Dinner is $85 for adults and $35 for kids. Dinner also includes prime rib eye, seafood cocktail, and pumpkin and assorted pies.
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- Napa Rose 4-Course Wine Country Feast: Enjoy Chef Andrew Sutton's four-course feast that celebrates the flavors of California. The seating times are from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. The cost is $140 per adult with an additional charge of $55 per person for a wine flight. The cost is $35 per child. Beverages, tax and gratuities are not included. Complimentary 5-hour parking is included with validation.
- Storyteller's Cafe: Seasonal tastes are added to the buffet, and the characters help you celebrate all day. At brunch (7 a.m. to 2 p.m.), enjoy carved turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, assorted pies, and an array of hot and cold breakfast items. Brunch is $60 for adults and $32 for kids, plus tax and gratuity, while dinner is $85 per adult and $35 for kids, plus tax and gratuity. Dinner ( 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.) includes carved turkey, cranberry sauce, seafood cocktail, roasted ribeye, pumpkin pie, assorted pies and an array of classic hot and cold comfort foods. Three hours of parking are included at the Grand Californian with validation.
Cancellations for all Thanksgiving dining must be made at least 72 hours in advance to avoid the full package price charge per person. The Disney Princess Adventure breakfast is closed on Thanksgiving.
Disneyland Thanksgiving Dinner Tips
Here are a few dining tips that may come in handy if you're hoping to enjoy a Disneyland Thanksgiving dinner (or perhaps even just a turkey leg!):
- Make dining reservations. Cast members have a much easier time making changes to your reservations on the day of. It's much more difficult to seat people who do not have reservations.
- Need to adjust your reservation, such as the time or party size? Check with the host or hostess that day. It's possible you may have better luck changing that current reservation to suit your needs.
- Be sure to check the cancellation policy when you book. Holiday meals must be canceled 72 hours before the event.
- If you have no reservation, keep checking for cancellations and look for walk-up availability in the Disneyland app. It can’t hurt to try.
- If you have a group of six or eight, see if you can get two smaller reservations at the same time.
- When dining at a quick-service restaurant, consider eating early or at odd times between regular meal times.
- If you've missed the chance to make a reservation on Thanksgiving, we still recommend reserving another meal on a different day during your journey. Know that turkey is generally on the menu only on Thanksgiving. If that doesn't work, use this information to plan ahead and reserve in advance next year. In 2019, the magical reservation date was Oct. 2. In 2021 and 2022, it was not announced in advance.
- Hop by the Festival of Holidays food booths at California Adventure for seasonal tastes and treats if you're more into holiday snacking than dining.
- If all else fails, go for the turkey legs! It toadally counts as a Disneyland Thanksgiving dinner.
Have a question about planning your Disneyland Thanksgiving dinner? Share your question in the comments. Want to know what crowds will be like on Thanksgiving Day? Check out our Los Angeles crowd calendar!
Related: The Ins and Outs of Disneyland Dining Reservations