Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Someday you'll find it, the Rainbow Collection ... we're hoppy to say that we found it, and you can, too! The Rainbow Disney Collection has arrived at the Disneyland Resort, featuring adult T-shirts and tank tops, a patch, a cinch backpack and a water bottle. To further complement the Gay Days celebration, special rainbow-themed food and beverages will be available for a limited time, as well, including Rainbow Crispy Treats, Rainbow Macaron Boxes and a Rainbow Shamrock Shake. And this weekend only, you can get your favorite Mickey ear hat embroidered with rainbow-colored thread! The lovers, the dreamers and me ...
- Hoppy 37th birthday to both Epcot and Magic Kingdom! What better way to celebrate than with the debut of the all-new nighttime spectacular, "Epcot Forever?" You can see the full, frogtastic show on our YouTube channel.
- Sesame Street's Safari of Fun Kids' Weekends will return to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay this fall! Every Saturday and Sunday in October, tadpoles can trick-or-treat, boogie along to dance parties or hop into a hay maze ... all while in their Halloween costumes!
- Calling all Star Wars fans! Triple Force Friday is hoppening at Disney Springs in Orlando this weekend, providing guests with the first opportunities to nab products inspired by “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,” “The Mandalorian” and “Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order." Events run all weekend, and so will the special food and beverage offerings! Take part in building a LEGO Millennium Falcon at the LEGO Store with Master Builders, get your Imperial Star Destroyer Set signed by LEGO Star Wars Senior Designer, Henrick Anderson and Creative Director, Jens Kronvold Frederiksen, or join expert guests from LEGO and Walt Disney Imagineering as they discuss what it’s like to bring Star Wars to life.
- SeaWorld Orlando will be holding its first-ever Rescue Run in 2020. The 3-mile race will take place on Jan. 25, 2020, with benefits going toward the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund. Runners will race through the park, past a few of the park's animals, before crossing the finish line at Shamu Stadium. Runners will receive a finisher's medal, commemorative T-shirt and water bottle.
- Universal Orlando Resort revealed the Rock the Universe lineup for 2020! Rock the Universe, the Christian-music festival held at Universal Studios, will feature artists including TobyMac, Chris Tomlin, the Newboys and Switchfoot. The separately ticketed event will take place Jan. 24-25, 2020.
- We hope you're hungry! The brand-new Donut Box and Cool Wash marketplaces are now open at Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. Donut Box is serving up goodies such as Strawberry-Dusted Yeast Donut Holes (which you can see on top of the Strawberry Smoothie in the photo above) and Black and White Coffee Cocktail (garnished with a donut topped with chocolate-espresso crumbles). Over at Cool Wash, guests can create their own slushies, both alcoholic and nonalcoholic, with mix-ins such as Pop Rocks and boba pearls. You do-nut want to miss out on any of the delectable deets from the festival, so be sure to check out our full guide to the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival!
- On the heels of Disney Parks' newest color story, Arendelle Aqua, Frozen fans can now join together for Frozen Fan Fest! At Disney Parks in both Anaheim and Orlando, keep an eye out for Frozen Fan Fest festivities including "Frozen 2" photo opportunities, specialty food and beverage offerings, and of course, new merchandise in preparation for the newest adventure with Anna, Elsa, Olaf and the whole "Frozen" gang. "Frozen 2" will flurry into theaters on Nov. 22, 2019.
- The "Most Magical Flight on Earth" is now taking Walt Disney World guests to the skies! Check out our trip on the all-new Skyliner Transportation System in the video below. Which gondola is your favorite? (Trick question, we know — they're all awesome!)
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.