Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- Did somebody say value? That's music to our ears. Universal Orlando has announced Endless Summer Resort that will encompass its first ever on-property value hotels. The Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites and Dockside Inn and Suites will offer guests the same perks as Universal's existing hotels, complete with a beach and surf theme. With Surfside set to open in 2019, prices as low as $73 per night are being offered. Best of all, more than half of the rooms at both hotels will be family suites.
- Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood are turning upside down for this year's Halloween Horror Nights. Universal announced this week that both parks will feature a Stranger Things house based on season one of the hit show. Tickets are now on sale for Universal Orlando, and we're still waiting to hear dates for Universal Hollywood. Time to get prepared to fight the demogorgon.
- Walt Disney World is taking the next step in keyless room entry with a digital key feature within the MyDisneyExperience app. Coming soon to Disney's Wilderness Lodge, guests will be able to unlock their room, pool areas, fitness centers and more via Bluetooth®. We imagine this new tool will hop on over to other resorts soon, and we can't wait to try it!
- Disneyland is stepping up its own app with mobile ordering coming soon across the resort. Orders for select quick service and fast casual dining locations can be made through the app and picked up at the selected time. We're huge fans of anything that saves us time and avoids lines, so count us in!
- After much speculation, it has been confirmed that Disneyland will be transforming Redd Rockett's Pizza Port into Alien Pizza Planet for the duration of Pixar Fest, beginning April 13. The restaurant is boasting a hearty cheeseburger pizza with ketchup, yellow mustard and pizza sauce on a sesame seed crust and topped with cheese, caramelized onions, diced tomatoes, slider patties, a house-made burger sauce and pickles. My stomach tells me it's time for a Frog Family trip to the West Coast!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.