Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- When the Universal Orlando Resort officially announced plans for a water theme park on-site near Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort, many wondered what would become of Wet 'n' Wild. This week we had our answer: It will be closed for good Dec. 31, 2016. Now we'll all be wondering what's to become of the land the water park is on.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade celebrated its 5th anniversary Thursday. Dewayne Bevil of the Orlando Sentinel took a journey back in time about the biggest thing he remembers from the opening.
- Disney-Pixar's "Inside Out" opens today. Reviews, going all the way back to Cannes, have been very positive. Lily can't wait to see it! Alright, who am I kidding, all of us frogs can't wait to see it.
- "Inside Out" merchandise has already hit the parks. I specially love the plush form of the five emotions. Wonder which will rule?
- A new dining location has rolled up near Test Track at Epcot. Taste Track is serving up specialty grilled cheese sandwiches, and I'm salivating over the Gruyere an Applewood smoked bacon sammy.
- Voyage to the Iron Reef has opened at Knott's Berry Farm. The Los Angeles Ties explores this interactive submarine voyage.
- Frozen Summer Fun has officially arrived at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Every day through Sept. 7, you can join in on the royal character procession through the park, Olaf's new stage show and a fireworks finale!
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our Orlando Planning Guide.