Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- Halloween is getting closer and closer, and Universal keeps rolling with the Halloween Horror Nights announcements. This week it was revealed that The Walking Dead will be back for a third year at Universal Studios Florida and Universal Studios Hollywood. In Hollywood, The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far will be the longest maze in the park's history with twice as many walkers in a journey to Terminus. The Orlando house, The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead, will take guests to Terminus as well as to the iconic flooded food bank scene, where guests will be surrounded by water — and hungry walkers! Both events start Step. 18.
- If Halloween is around the corner, so is the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Disney gave us a peek at this year's merchandise. Personally, I love the practical items, those that will get used over and over again, like the plate or the beer glasses for Leap :) Each time he sits back with a beer, it will remind him of our happy time in the parks.
- There was more fall Epcot news this week. Garden Grill is adding a character breakfast and lunch with Chip and Dale starting Nov. 8, just in time for the holiday travel. Reservations are available now.
- If you've got a tween or teen who is into Disney, there is no way you could have missed all of the promotion for its new live-action cable movie "The Descendants." The teenage offspring of some of your favorite Disney villains plus Cinderella's Fairy Godmother, Belle and Aurora attend an elite prep school in this musical that debuts tonight.
- Idina Menzel, the voice of Frozen's Elsa, met up with the queen herself, Princess Anna and summer-lovin' Olaf at Disney's Hollywood Studios for some Frozen Summer Fun.
- Disney gave us a first look at Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters, which replaces the now-closed Luigi's Flying Tires in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure. In this brand new ride, which will open in early 2016, Luigi and his cousins from Caroli, italy, will demonstrate the dances of their village.
- Over at Disneyland, this couple arranged a secret wedding with 25 guests inside the Enchanted Tiki Room, complete with an officiator and photographer. Here's to a lifetime of Disneyland visits!
- Finally, we leave you with this shelter kitty, whose nose bears a striking resemblance to a very famous mouse!
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our Orlando Planning Guide.