Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park highlights:
- Mystery continues to surround the biggest theme park opening of the summer, the The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - Diagon Alley™, with fans frustrated that an official opening date hasn't been announced. But we are getting closer, and signs certainly point to an opening by the end of the month.
- We do know that the walls came down around Diagon Alley this week, giving guests their first unobstructed view of London.
- The Magic Kingdom Welcome Show has been moved up to 8:40 a.m., and Anna and Elsa will join other Disney characters in greeting the theme park's very first crowds of the day.
- Downtown Disney is gearing up next weekend for Trucks on the Town, a mini-theme park food event that will see 14 food trucks dishing their very best bites.
- Of course this weekend is Father's Day (no, we haven't forgotten, Leap), and coincidentally it's Car Masters Weekend at Downtown Disney, where dads (and car enthusiasts) can get up close with a number of classic and exotic cars.
- For this final weekend of this year's Star Wars Weekends, there is some special-edition merchandise, which includes MagicBands with pre-printed images of Yoda and Darth Vader. They are limited to 2,500 each, so you'll want to grab them quick!
- Disney is releasing a re-imagined, modern Seven Dwarfs-inspired TV show and app. "The 7D Mine Train App" will be available this week, while "The 7D" show starring Jay Leno and Whoopi Goldberg will debut later this summer.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.