The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
About The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
Escape into nature — with a few modern conveniences — in these rustic cabins. Enjoy a horseback ride and sing around the campfire with Chip 'n' Dale! Read More
- Monorail Transport
- Boat Transport
- Bus Transport
- Skyliner Transport
- Quick Service
- Table Service
- Free Parking
- Room Service
On-Site Theme Park Benefits
Early Theme Park Entry
Disney Springs® (3.2mi)
Bus 8 min
Magic Kingdom® Park (3.3mi)
Bus 6 min
Boat 13 min
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park (3.4mi)
Bus 8 min
Disney's Boardwalk Entertainment District (4.1mi)
Bus 11 min
Bus 8 min
Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park (4.8mi)
Bus 9 min
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park (6.4mi)
Bus 9 min
Disney's Hollywood Studios® (7.1mi)
Bus 10 min
Times are estimated and may vary.See Pick-Up Locations>
Rooms Offered at The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
- Alarm Clock
- Charcoal Grill
- Coffee Maker & Setup
- Crib: Pack 'N Play
- Dining Table & Chairs
- Driveway (one car only)
- Hair Dryer
- In-Room Safe
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Kitchen - Full-size Refrigerator, Microwave, Stove, Oven, Toaster, Blender, Dishwasher, Plates, Flatware, Glasses, Cookware, Sink
- Living Room Area
- Picnic Table
- Television - ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN & more
- Vanity Area
- DVD Player
- Voice Mail
- Wireless Internet
- Bed Boards/Rails (available upon request)
- High Chair (available upon request)
- 1 double bed, 1 bunk bed and 1 double-size pull down
- Sleeps up to 6 adults and 1 child under 3 years old in a crib
What we love
- Being up close with nature, away from the hustle and bustle of it all
- It's one of the most affordable ways to stay on-site at the Walt Disney World® Resort
- Being a boat ride away from Magic Kingdom® Park; also from Disney's Contemporary Resort and Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Aspiring archers can channel their inner Merida with lessons on-site
- The little ones will love miniature pony rides at the Tri-Circle-D Ranch
- You can get take out from the Trail's End restaurant
- Meeting Chip and Dale (for free!) at the Campfire Sing-A-Long
- Horse-drawn wagon and carriage rides, plus kayak and canoe rentals!
- Free parking!
Keep in Mind
- Cabins, which are in loops 2011-2800, are further away from the main Meadow pool, although they have their own quiet pool
- The resort is very large; uses internal buses to transport guests
- While the camping and wilderness theme appeals to children, the resort is not overtly "Disney" themed
- Buses make multiple pickups/dropoffs, and they can get crowded
- At Christmas time each year, regulars return string lights and decorations from their campsites
- The resort opened in 1971, a month after the opening of the Walt Disney World® Resort
- Fort Wilderness includes a primitive campsite area used by scout troops, schools, and other campers called Creekside Meadow
- The resort was originally home to a steam-powered railway, which provided transportation around the resort and the nearby River Country water park; it was dismantled in the 1980s
Frog Family Tips
- Arrive early for the Campfire Sing-A-Long to meet Chip and Dale
- Factor in extra time to the theme park if you are taking the buses, as you'll likely be making multiple stops at the resort before you transfer
- Bring your own bikes and golf carts; Disney also rents them
- Families, especially larger families, who like the outdoors and want a less expensive alternative to a hotel but want the benefits of free Disney transportation and Extra Magic Hours.
*The views and opinions expressed here are those of Undercover Tourist.
The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Information
EXCLUSIVE THEME PARK BENEFITS:
- Early Theme Park Entry for Resort Hotel Guests - guests of Disney Resort hotels and other select hotels can get a 30-minute jump on their Disney day with early theme park entry—available at all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks—for each day of your stay, subject to capacity
The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort RefurbishmentsFrom January 9, 2023 through early April 2023, Meadow Swimmin' Pool and whirlpool spa will be closed for refurbishment. The water play area and Meadow Snack Bar along with the Wilderness Swimmin' Pool and its nearby whirlpool spa will remain open for your enjoyment. You may see and hear construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but you should not hear noise from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM. We apologize for any inconvenience.
All Disney Resort hotels are now open, with a number of health and safety measures in place. Some amenities and experiences have been modified or may be unavailable.
Face coverings are optional for Guests in both outdoor and indoor locations, as well as Disney transportation. It is recommended Guests who are not fully vaccinated continue wearing face coverings in all indoor locations, including indoor attractions and theaters, and on enclosed transportation.
Some imagery shown throughout our website does not represent current operational and safety guidelines. Visitors should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting our destination.
The following resort amenities are unavailable at this time:
- Wagon Rides and Holiday Sleigh Rides - Temporarily Unavailable
- In-room celebrations - Temporarily Unavailable
For more information about Walt Disney World reopening read here.
The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort AmenitiesGeneral Resort Info:
- Check-in: 3:00 PM
- Check-out: 11:00 AM
- 409 cabins, 799 campsites
- Disabled accessible cabins available
- All cabins non-smoking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free self-parking
- P & J's Southern Takeout, quick-service restaurant
- Meadow Snack Bar, quick-food counter near the Meadow Swimmin' Pool
- Crockett's Tavern, bar and quick snacks
- The Chuck Wagon, RV-style food truck
- Trail's End Restaurant, full-service restaurant for breakfast and dinner
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, all-you-can-eat dinner and a show
- BBQ Picnic pavilion
- 2 Pools - one located near campground & another near the cabins area
- Children's pool with waterslide and water playground
- Children's playground
- Segways Adventure
- Bike rental
- Jogging trail
- Horse-drawn wagon and carriage rides
- Horseback riding - Pony rides
- Chip 'N' Dale's Campfire Sing-a-Long
- Nightly Disney Movie Under the Stars
- Waggin' Trails Dog Park
- Motorized boat, canoe, and kayak rentals
- Disney Theme Parks
- Disney Water Parks
- Disney Springs™
- Official Walt Disney World® Hotels (requires one transfer at a Disney Theme Park)
Water launch to:
- Magic Kingdom® Park
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Disney's Contemporary Resort
- Merchandise location (gifts, sundries)
- Dry cleaning and laundry service
- Business Center
- Convention/meeting space
- Salon/barber services
- The hotel charges $19 per night (sales tax included) for overnight self-parking
General Walt Disney World® Resort Benefits
Staying on-site at an Official Walt Disney World® Hotel gives you several great complimentary benefits, including free transportation and more.
The Frog Family absolutely loves staying on-site not just for the fun themes and Disney atmosphere of the hotels, but also for the convenient amenities. Some of the other complimentary benefits include:
- Convenient Proximity - You can easily go back to your hotel from the parks if you need a break or want to relax at the pool. It's just as easy to head back to the parks after relaxing at your hotel for a couple of hours.
- Free Park Transportation - Overnight self-parking at the hotel is free and depending on which Official Walt Disney World® Hotel you stay at, you'll have access to the Skyliner, Monorail, water launch and/or bus transportation. Many of the Official Walt Disney World® Hotels are also within walking distance to the parks and other resorts.
- Free Wi-Fi - When staying on-site, you'll have access to complimentary wi-fi, available in your room and select public areas, such as the pools, arcades, restaurants, and more.
- Merchandise Delivery and Pickup – Merchandise delivery is available for purchases made in-store at select Walt Disney World® shops and through the Shop Disney Parks mobile app (for in-stock merchandise).
We're checking the availability and pricing...
Create An Account
In order to save your favorite items, you'll need to create an account. Already have one? Sign in.
- Download E-Tickets (where available).
- Track your order.
- View your entire order history.
- Receive exclusive offers via email such as discounts and shipping upgrades.