It's time for the Frog Family's weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week's highlights:
- The Storybook Circus area of the New Fantasyland expansion is almost ready for prime time! Debuting in mid-October will be Pete's Silly Side Show, which will play host to Disney characters Minnie Magnifique, Madame Daisy Fortuna, The Great Goofini and The Astounding Donaldo. Tad snapped the picture above outside Storybook Circus when we were in the park's last week. Here's a look inside the Side Show.
- Did I mention we also made it to Halloween Horror Nights and got uncomfortably close to some of the creatures stalking guests at Universal Studios (including this guy)? We had a frighteningly good time.
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom fans will soon have a new way to "power up" when battling Disney villains by wearing these new themed t-shirts. Tad played it back in March and gave us his review.
- Speaking of reviews, so far they have been very, very good for Tim Burton's "Frankenweenie," which opens today. Tad is a huge fan of stop-motion animation, so we're headed to see it this weekend. OK, who are we kidding, we'd go see it even if Tad wasn't a fan!
- About 30,000 people are expected for Gay Days at Disneyland today through Sunday. There will be a series of parties and entertainment for the unofficial event that started back in 1998.
- You'd probably be too spooked to live in the real Haunted Mansion, but a 10,000-square-foot replica in Duluth, Ga. is on the market for $873,000. Sounds like the perfect place to raise your little ghosts and goblins!
- A new Characters in Flight balloon is soon to open for guests at Downtown Disney. We caught it mid-flight one morning last week during testing.
- Micechat documents progress on SeaWorld's most-anticipated attraction, Antarctica, scheduled for opening this spring. We absolutely cannot wait to see this combination ride-exhibit that promises to transport guests to the bottom of the world!
- Epcot marked its 30th anniversary with low-key celebrations Monday at the theme park.
- While we didn't make it to the anniversary, Mommy Frog and I were on hand for opening day of Epcot's International Food & Wine Festival. Here is our recap, in case you missed it.