It's time for the Frog Family's weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
This week's highlights:
- Per usual, Disney released more details about the new Fantasyland, this time focusing on Gaston's Tavern. The signature drink is LeFou's Brew, a frozen apple juice concoction with a hint of marshmallow. It will be topped with a passion fruit/mango foam and served in souvenir steins and goblets. I'm sure the kiddies are going to love it, but will it rival nearby Universal Orlando's Butterbeer?
- Speaking of the New Fantasyland, it has helped lead job creation around the Disney parks. Since the project broke ground, more than 700 construction jobs have been created. An additional 800 jobs are expected to open up over the next two years.
- In case you missed it, Walt Disney World has announced additional refurbishment dates for Honey I Shrunk the Kids in October and November. The Backlot Studio Tour and American Film Institute Showcase will be closed on the same dates along with it.
- For those of you thinking about hopping over to Disneyland in the coming months, Indiana Jones Adventure is going to be closed for refurbishment for most of the fall.
- SeaWorld Orlando has taken in four pilot whales that were rescued during a mass stranding along a Florida beach.
- This fall will be a good time for a trip to LEGOLAND Florida because the brick-building theme park is adding an interactive "Star Wars" mini-land this November. It will feature scenes from the movies as well as the "Clone Wars" TV series.
- LEGOLAND Florida is now officially on its fall operating hours.
- More details have emerged about the "Celebrate the Magic" makeover. Starting in November, the show will transform Cinderella Castle with new projection effects.
- Wifi has made it to Epcot, following the Magic Kingdom and resorts. This is especially welcomed news for Tad, who is never without his technology -- even in the parks.
- The trailer is out for Monsters Inc. 3D, which will be released nationwide Dec. 19. Monsters Inc. is perhaps the Frog Family's all-time favorite Disney movie and certainly Mommy Frog's. Not to get too off topic, but I'm thinking of going as Sully for Halloween and dressing Lily as Boo. What do you think?
- Headed to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? Get ready to dance. The Not So Scary Street Jam! will take place before the Main Street, U.S.A. Mommy Frog has been making us all practice the moves at home, so we'll be ready to hit the street (maybe even in our Monsters Inc. costumes)!
That's all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!