Want to know what's going to be closed while you're visiting the theme parks? We've put together this list of Walt Disney World closings and refurbishments. Refurbishments are temporary closures and can subject to change without notice. Permanent closures are rides that are no longer active in the parks, and seasonal are those that take place annually.
Walt Disney World® Resort Refurbishments
Here is a list of all temporary Disney World closings. It is not uncommon for Disney to change refurbishment times—to move up or postpone temporary closures—so be sure to check back as your trip gets closer!
- Stitch's Great Escape
This attraction will be operating on a seasonal schedule.
- Walt Disney World Railroad
CLOSED Jan. 9-March 2, 2017
- The Hall of Presidents
CLOSED Jan. 17-June 29 (installing new audio-animatronic president)
*The Monorail is undergoing refurbishment and may be on modified service/routes through February 28, 2017.
- Now through Feb. 20: Infrastructure Work
- Cover Story
CLOSED Jan. 9-March 23
- Annual Refurbishment: Dec. 25 - March 11, 2017
Miniature Golf Courses
WDW Golf Courses
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel Refurbishments
These are the temporary Walt Disney World Resort Hotel closings, such as pools, shops, restaurants or any other type of rehab the hotels are undergoing. Always be sure to check this list as your trip gets closer!
- Feb. 20-22: Tidal Pool will be closed.
- Now through April 2017: Exterior maintenance and painting will be taking place. All work with the highest potential for noise will be limited between 9:00a.m. and 5:00p.m.
- Feb. 6-March 3: The Luna Park slide will be closed.
- Feb. 27-March 1: The Community Hall Pool will be closed.
- Jan. 6-March 16: The Trinidad South Village Pool will be closed.
- Jan. 9-March 16: General resort refurbishments will be taking place in the Trinidad South Region around the pirate-themed rooms. Any work to cause a noise impact will not start until 9:00a.m.
- Beginning November 2016: Hard goods refurbishment taking place. Guests may see or hear construction taking place or encounter alternative paths of travel throughout the resort hotel. To minimize any possible disruptions, all work with the most potential for noise will be limited each day between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Now through Feb. 24: The Sandcastle Pool will be closed. The leisure pools located at Old Turtle Pond, South Point and Miller's Road will remain available.
- Now through July 27: Exterior maintenance and painting will be taking place. To minimize disruptions, work will be limited until after 9:00a.m. daily.
- Feb. 4, 2017-May 7, 2018: Room refurbishments will be taking place. Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. To minimize any disruptions, work will be limited until after 9:00a.m. daily.
- Feb. 13-April 7: The Alligator Bayou North Pool will be closed.
- Now through Feb. 24: The Paddock Pool water play area will be closed.
- Now through 2017: The Hidden Springs leisure pool, resort beach, playground and recreation fire pit will be unavailable. However, the recently renovated Silver Creek Springs Pool will remain open and boat transportation to Magic Kingdom Park will continue to be offered. Construction work in various areas. Noise may be overheard, but construction will not begin until after 9 a.m.
- Now through 2017: Cub's Den (Children's Activity Center) will be unavailable.
- Feb. 13-Summer 2017: The Roaring Fork and Trout Pass Pool Bar will be closed. During this time, the Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Territory Lounge will also offer a continental-style breakfast featuring gourmet coffees, pastries and a yogurt parfait.
- Beginning in January 2017: Room refurbishments will be taking place. Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. To minimize any disruptions, work will be limited 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Now through Feb. 1, 2018: The Convention Center will be undergoing expansion work. During this time, guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. To minimize any disruptions, work will be limited to 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Feb. 22-24: The Admiral Pool will be closed.
- Mid-May-Fall 207: During refurbishments, the Captain's Grille is relocating to the oceanic-themed Ariel's.
Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
Walt Disney World Permanent Closures
Here are the Walt Disney World permanent closures. These rides and attractions are those that have been recently closed for good. Often, Disney will close the doors of rides, restaurants and shops to make way for more new, exciting attractions!
- Dream Along with Mickey: Closed permanently April 2, 2016
- Main Street Electrical Parade: Closed permanently Oct. 9, 2016
- Stitch's Great Escape: Operating on seasonal schedule Oct. 2, 2016
- Habit Heroes inside Innoventions East: Closed permanently Jan. 18, 2016
- The Sum of All Thrills inside Innoventions East: Closed permanently Sept. 13, 2016
- Stormstruck inside Innoventions East (Epcot): Closed permanently Sept. 13, 2016
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- Studio Catering Co. (Disney's Hollywood Studios): Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- Mike & Sulley Meet-and-Greet: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- High Octane Refreshments: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- Prop Shop: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- The Writer's Shop: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- Watto's Grotto: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- New York News: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- Youse Guys Moychindise: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- DisneyQuest: July 3, 2017
- Shark Reef: Oct. 3, 2016
Walt Disney World Seasonal Closures
Seasonal closures are those that take place annually and are usually a reoccurrence. These dates are estimates based on past closures.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Closes January through March for seasonal refurbishment
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach: Closes October through January for seasonal refurbishment
- Jungle Cruise: Closes late Oct./early Nov. for holiday overlay installation; early January for holiday overlay removal
- Splash Mountain: Usually closes early January for seasonal refurbishment
Universal Orlando® Refurbishments
- Jurassic Park River Adventure
CLOSED Feb. 21-March 11
- Lucy: A Tribute - Aug. 12, 2015
- Disaster! A Major Motion Picture... Starring YOU - Sept. 7, 2015
- Twister... Ride It Out! - Nov. 2, 2015
- Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue - Dec. 3, 2015
SeaWorld® Orlando Refurbishments
*Please Note: All refurbishments & closings are subject to change without notice.