Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival is here! We had so much fun sipping and savoring our way around the park. Hop over to our blog for all of the delicious details! One of our favorite new additions — and not just because we're frogs — is the Princess Tiana-inspired cookware collection. Now to figure out how to cook like Tiana!
- Disney Cruise Line was again named the Best Large-Ship Ocean Cruise Line by Travel + Leisure readers — for the fourth consecutive year! The accolade comes just in time for the maiden voyage of the new Disney Wish this week, setting sail from Port Canaveral, FL and stopping at Nassau, Bahamas and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay. (Did you know that Anika Noni Rose, the voice of Tiana, performed at the christening of the Wish? It's true!)
- Hoppy birthday, Disneyland! The Happiest Place on Earth turns 67 this weekend, and some brand-new and toadally adorable treats and eats are available to celebrate. We'll have our party hats on this weekend at Disneyland — be sure to follow along on Instagram @themeparkfrog!
- Now it's time to say goodbye ... Disneyland Forever and the Main Street Electrical Parade at Disneyland will be ending their limited-time runs Sept. 1. We've had so much fun enjoying both nighttime spectaculars!
- Shrek and Fiona are BACK at Universal Studios Florida! You can find our green friend and his bride in KidZone, next to DreamWorks.
- Raise your hand if you've ever lost your car in a parking lot! Well, help is coming soon to both Disneyland and Disney World! A new car locator, sponsored by State Farm, is coming to the My Disney Experience app this summer, and the Disneyland app later this year. The free feature will use location technology to find and save your parking info and will be available across the resorts — including Disney Springs, the Walt Disney World Water Parks and the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, too.
@undercovertourist 🚨 Disney and theme park updates – Undercover Tourist's Weekly Roundup – July 15, 2022 w/ @thedavidvaughn #disneyparks #disneynews #tasteEPCOT #undercovertourist ♬ I Just Wanna Know - Luke Reeves
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.