Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park news highlights:
- It's the busiest week of the year at Disney and the Orlando theme parks. From now until Jan. 4, expect to see extremely high waits -- make sure you've downloaded our wait time apps before you hit the parks! Still looking for holiday events? Check out the crowd calendar to find out how many more days you have to see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, Macy's Holiday Parade and all of the holiday events. Plus you'll see the recommended parks by day.
- Last week we shared with you why we love Epcot's Candlelight Processional. This week the Disney Parks Blog talks to the performers about why they love the processional, which runs through Dec. 30.
- Tad especially loved this tour of all the Christmas trees decorating Disney California Adventure's Cars Land.
- Disney revealed the full lineup for Night of Joy on Sept. 5 and 6, 2014. New acts include The Neverclaim, Rhett Walker Band and 1 Girl Nation.
- Can't ever get enough San Francisco? This deep dive into the theming and inspiration behind Universal Studios' San Francisco backlot offers plenty of highlights.
- SeaWorld Orlando is planning Wild Days on weekends in January, with animal encounters and events planned around conservation and animal rehabilitation. Wild Days kicks off Jan. 11 and 12 with Jack Hanna Weekend.
- We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! We leave you with the beautiful view of the Christmas tree at Magic Kingdom Park.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.
— Mommy Frog