Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Get ready to grab your wand and cast a Patronus spell to help defend the Wizarding World! An all-new nighttime projection show, “Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle,” is coming to Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort. The show will focus on the darker side of Hogwarts, bringing guests face-to-face with Dementors, Death-Eaters and even Lord Voldemort himself. It will be accompanied by an exclusive musical arrangement conducted by William Ross and recorded by the London Symphony Orchestra, based on the original scores composed for the film series by the legendary John Williams. You can catch the "Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle" show nightly April 13 to 28 and May 25 to 27 at Universal Studios Hollywood (the dates for Orlando have not yet been released).
- Mardi Gras is well underway at Universal Studios Florida, but there's plenty more fun to be had! Wrapping up the frogtastic concert lineup will be ... drumroll, please! ... Prince Royce! Hop over to catch Mardi Gras before the celebration ends April 4, 2019. Planning a trip? We've got plenty of tips to help you have a kickin' Cajun time at this annual event.
- In a galaxy far, far away ... news outlets have been granted sneak peeks at Disneyland's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, and the reactions have been out of this world! Disney also released its own news about Galaxy's Edge, including new dining and shopping experiences (you can even build your own droid)! The immersive, incredible addition has all of us (Tad especially!) hopping in our seats with anticipation. (Psst ... Tad has compiled a handy-dandy guide of what's been confirmed for Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland to keep track of all of the deets prior to opening!)
- Lights ... cameras ... action! Ready to step onto the iconic TODAY show set? TODAY cafe, opening soon at Universal Orlando Resort, will allow visitors to do just that — plus take in some tasty eats. The menu will feature fresh, in-house baked pastries, salads and sandwiches, with both dine-in and on-the-go options. Seasonal options will be inspired by some of Al Roker's favorite dishes, and beer and wine on tap will also be available to pay homage to Kathie Lee and Hoda.
- Even more fairy godmothers are headed to Walt Disney World! A new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is coming to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in Orlando this summer to serve even more princes and princesses with magical makeovers. Additionally, the Magic Kingdom boutique will be expanded (with no planned closures for those of you who were lucky enough to snag reservations)!
- You know the Frog Family loves a good vacation deal. Did you know that Undercover Tourist also offers deals on car rentals? For a limited time, if you bundle a Disney hotel reservation with a car rental, you can save up to 35 percent! Follow the link to see the hotels and dates for this ribbeting offer.
- If you watched the Oscars on Sunday, you may have spotted a familiar scene during commercials as the first full-length trailer for the live-action remake of "Lion King" premiered, giving viewers a look at Rafiki, and of course, Simba.
- Disney California Adventure's Food and Wine Festival starts today! This now-annual festival celebrating the cuisines and beverages of California offers unique culinary experiences, hands-on, tadpole-friendly workshops and more. Want to learn more? We've put together everything you need to know about the festival (including a hopful breakdown of what's included with your park admission and what foodie extras are available). Bon appétit!
- And more good news from California Adventure ... World of Color is back! The colorful nighttime spectacular has splashed back into action, and Tad was lucky enough to catch it all on video for those of you who can't make the trip!
- Looking for even more colorful entertainment during your family vacation? Check out our special savings on Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando (half-price for tier 1 seats)! This deal is only valid for performances through June 30, so be sure to hop on it!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.