Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- You know what's calling me? The reimagined "Moana"-themed rooms at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort! The Disney Deluxe Resort hotel fully reopened July 19 with a brand-new look. The guest rooms feature a new color palette inspired by the Pacific Ocean and its islands, as well as details, patterns and textures from "Moana." You may even spot some characters if you look closely! Fan-favorite tiki bar, Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, also reopened, but the porte-cochère and monorail station still remain under construction.
- ICYMI: More entertainment and attractions are returning to Walt Disney World Resort! At Disney's Hollywood Studios, the nighttime projection show, "Wonderful World of Animation," will light up the night sky starting Aug. 1, and "Beauty and the Beast — Live on Stage" comes back Aug. 15. Visit the monsters of comedy at Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, beginning Aug. 8 at Magic Kingdom, and get your questions ready before Turtle Talk with Crush reopens Aug. 21 at EPCOT. Additionally, the Hall of Presidents will return sometime in August with the addition of President Joe Biden.
- We already know that "The World's Most Magical Celebration," recognizing the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, is going to be a big deal across the resort. In fact, the magic is even extending to Orlando International Airport so you can get the party started as soon as you arrive! Decorations, artwork, EARidescent lighting and photo-ops will welcome you all the way from the terminal trams to the luggage carousels. Disney also announced more "Disney Fab 50" golden statues, which will feature Goofy, Timon and Simba, and Lumiere and Cogsworth. And now, Cinderella Castle has completed her royal makeover with an overnight addition of a golden 50th crest!
- Jurassic World VelociCoaster has reached an important milestone! The new coaster hit one million riders since it officially opened June 10 (and soft-opened in early May) at Universal's Islands of Adventure. That was just as speedy as the coaster itself!
- Your living nightmare is about to begin ... Universal Studios Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights tickets are now on sale. We also learned that two fan-favorite mazes are returning for revenge. "The Exorcist" maze will possess you as you experience the same aberrations as Regan and her mother, and "The Curse of Pandora's Box" will unleash new horrors in Hades' underworld as Pandora acts as your demonic guide. If you want even more scares during the spooky season, Knott's Scary Farm tickets will go on sale Aug. 16 (hotel packages are available now), and both SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay have revealed new Howl-O-Scream haunted houses.
- Last week, we reported that a reimagined Jungle Cruise reopened at Disneyland Park (watch Tad's video above to hop aboard!). It hoppens to be just in time for the world premiere of the new "Jungle Cruise" movie! The red carpet event will be hosted at Disneyland Park on July 24. You can be a part of the celebration, as Disney Parks Blog will live stream the premiere on the blog, Facebook and Twitter. "Jungle Cruise" will officially debut June 30 in theaters and Disney+ with Premier Access.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.