Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Ready for a whirl on Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind? Disney has given us a first peek at this family-friendly attraction coming to Disney California Adventure Park at Disneyland Resort. You'll hop aboard eight Memory Movers and take a spin through Riley's many emotions (Joy, Saddness, Anger, Disgust and Fear). This will mark the official transformation of Pixar Pier!
- Lyft has become the official ride share partner of Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort. The partnership will include an enhanced app experience for guests. We're leaping to hear more, since getting around the parks is always a top topic for vacationers.
- In refreshment news, Universal Studios Hollywood revealed that it is unveiling the Isla Nu-bar tiki bar and retheming the tropical Jurassic Cafe ahead of the opening of the Jurassic World ride. The bar is already in soft opening, so swing on by when you need the tropical vibes!
- Tom Hanks, Tim Allen and more of the stars from "Toy Story 4" visited Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios. It was toadally awesome to see Hanks and Allen palling around with their on-screen characters Woody and Buzz!
- We've talked a bit about the fun of the Disney After Hours events at Disney World. Disney has provided a look at the magic shots that will be available during the Villains After Hours event, held on select nights at Magic Kingdom. You'll be able to channel your inner villain and cozy up (virtually) to Scar, Malificent's Dragon and the Oogie Boogie. Don't froget, we have discount tickets for these events!
- There is good news for those of you wanting to experience Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disney World this fall. The resort will be allowing official on-site hotel guests into Hollywood Studios for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge extra, extra early Sept. 1 to Nov. 2. Similar to how Disney handled the opening of Pandora at Disney's Animal Kingdom several years ago, the extra Extra Magic Hours will be from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- As you frog fans and fellow muggles know, Universal Orlando Resort opened Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure to much fanfare last week. Universal is working to make sure everyone who wants to ride gets to do so, and this week it announced that the ride would be opening at midday for the next couple of weeks so that it can do proper maintenance and support for "the most sophisticated, high-performance, ride system ever!"
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.