Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- The Foodie Guide to Nighttime Spectaculars just dropped ahead of the April 22 return of nighttime entertainment at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure. Celebrate with tasty treats, a light-up Elliott Dragon Premium Bucket or a light-up Turtle Premium Sipper (though, why not all of them?). You could also splurge on a special dining package or dessert party to get a reserved area for seating or viewing! The World of Color Dessert Party can be booked starting April 20, and the World of Color Dining Package includes a three-course meal at Wine Country Trattoria or a buffet meal at Storytellers Cafe (reservation info coming soon). Meanwhile at Disneyland Park, enjoy comfort food at Plaza Inn as part of the Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package, with reservations available April 14. My heart (and stomach) will be so full!
- Speaking of World of Color, when it returns April 22, Disney will be using a virtual queue for its designated Blue and Yellow viewing areas via the Disneyland app. Distribution times will begin at noon daily (and you must have entered Disney California Adventure — or Disneyland Park if you're park hopping). If the virtual queue reaches capacity, there will be standby viewing, which you can access shortly before the show. Joining the virtual queue is not required but recommended!
- This week has been heavy with foodie news — the Foodie Guide to Earth Day has also been released. Delectable drinks and treats honoring Earth and its creatures, plus plant-based dishes, will be available throughout the month at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.
- Universal Studios Hollywood has introduced four new electric trams, as part of its fleet of 21 Studio Tour trams. The goal of converting all 21 trams from diesel-hydraulic engines to electric started in 2017. The efforts of this full conversion will reduce carbon emissions and improve the guest experience by reducing noise from the diesel-hydraulic engine.
- We've got the latest scoop on the new ice cream shop coming to Disney Springs. Salt & Straw will open its doors April 20! The ice cream company is known for its creative and experimental flavors, such as Pear & Blue Cheese and Strawberry Honey Balsamic with Black Pepper. There is already a Salt & Straw location in the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort.
- Celebrate Easter at a theme park this weekend! Hunt for eggs as part of Disneyland Resort's Eggstravaganza. Admire detailed character-themed eggs at a few Walt Disney World Resort hotels. Eat an Easter brunch at Knott's Berry Farm. Indulge in a limited-time shake, The Easter Basket, from Toothsome Chocolate Emporium at Universal Orlando. Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has a whole lineup of fun activities, including an Easter storytime with Sesame Street characters and an egg hunt, and the animals will even join the fun too!
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is sprucing up for summer! Many rides and themed lands have gotten fresh looks, and the entrance will be getting a new sign to welcome guests. The park will also be debuting a new summer event, Summer Celebration, which begins May 27. Cirque Electric, the fan-favorite acrobatic stunt show, will return to Stanleyville Theater as part of the event. The sister water park, Adventure Island, will also be getting a fresh look and two new water slides.
- Julia from "Sesame Street" returns to SeaWorld Orlando for daily meet-and-greets in honor of Autism Acceptance Month. Throughout April, tadpoles can meet and take photos with her in Sesame Street Land.
- Lego Ninjago Days at LEGOLAND Florida will kick off April 30 and continue on weekends through May 22. Kids can master their ninja skills with Master Wu in a new show, "Ceremony of the Elements." There will also be a drumming show, "Earth Beats," and a brick-building activity.
- EPIC Passes are now available for the 2022-2023 ski season! New for the season, access to Seven Springs, Laurel Mountain and Hidden Valley, PA will be added to the EPIC Pass, EPIC Local Pass, Northeast Value Pass, Northeast Midweek Pass and all EPIC Day Pass products. For more information and details, check out our guide! And don't froget that you can save some extra green on ski lodgings and tickets through Undercover Tourist!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.