Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- The first EPCOT festival of 2021 has arrived! Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts runs today through Feb. 22, with over 15 Food Studios showcasing the culinary arts, in addition to on-site artists, interactive exhibits and live entertainment. Be sure to hop along with us on Instagram @ThemeParkFrog as we take in the sights, sounds and tastes (of course!) of this inspired event!
- Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew opened its doors this week at Disney Springs — and the sweet and savory offerings are absolutely mouthwatering! From "classic" flavors such as Fruity Pebbles to Maple Double Bacon, the shop opens at 9 a.m. and offers a wide array of breakfast faves, including sandwiches, cold brew beverages and spiked coffee for adult froggies. Located between AMC and Splitsville on the West Side, Everglazed currently offers a virtual queue to keep your day hoppin'. This is definitely on our "doughnut miss" list!
- Universal Orlando released some all-new VelociCoaster ride images ... and they can be downloaded as backgrounds! If you're anything like us, you're already calling dibs on seats ;) We can't wait for its summer debut!
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is ready to let the good times roll at Mardi Gras! The theme park’s event will be limited in capacity and will take place on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from Jan. 16 through Feb. 14. The celebration will feature street performers, live musicians, and of course, Big Easy culinary faves such as beignets, Creole-style shrimp, crawfish etouffee, po’boys and more. Mardi Gras is included in park admission.
- As Universal Studios Japan prepares for next month's opening of the new Super Nintendo World land, its website has become interactive so that all of us at home can play along! Take a digital walkthrough of the land before it opens to guests, including rides, food and shops.
- Walt Disney World just released a new PhotoPass deal — if you activate your Memory Maker now through May 19, 2021, you can download all of your photos and videos captured through June 18, 2021! Since Memory Maker is usually limited to a 30-day download period, this is a great deal to jump on if you have a few trips this spring! Likewise, guests looking to purchase Memory Maker One Day can receive a free day of photo downloads for the price of one if they activate now through March 11, 2021!
- Park hopping has returned to Walt Disney World — with a few tweaks! Want to learn more about how it works? Hop on over to our full post for everything you need to know! (And yes, we toadally hit three parks in one day, for research ;) )
- And speaking of great deals, Undercover Tourist is offering the Florida Resident Disney Discovery Ticket! With the Disney Discovery tickets, theme park admission starts at $155.28 without tax for two days and works out to less than $52 per day. Florida residents have the option of choosing, two-, three- or four-day tickets, including the park hopper option. Hop to it, Florida friends, because this is a limited-time offer!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.