Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park highlights:
- Changes are coming to The Great Movie Ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios, thanks to a new partnership with Turner Classic Movies. TCM will help Disney imagineers re-craft the attraction's finale as well as install a classic-movie-themed scene that guests can have photos taken in. The cable TV network will also air a collection of Disney movies and shows a few times a year as part of the sponsorship. The changes to The Great Movie Ride are just the latest in a series of significant changes already taking place or announced at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- The Orlando Sentinel talked with Steven Schussler, the CEO of Schussler Creative, who will help bring Disney Springs' Boathouse eatery to life. Schussler shared more details about the restaurant-entertainment project, which will include tours over the waterfront by Amphicars and the difficulties of constructing a restaurant that is built mostly on water.
- Of course, Cars Land is spectacular any time of year, but during the holidays Mater's stomping ground is filled festive Christmas lights that really pop against the backdrop of Ornament Valley.
- The Made With Magic items we mentioned in our roundup a few weeks back have made it to the parks. In addition to the DIsney ear hats, you will find a Minnie Mouse headband and a Sorcerer Mickey Wand. The light-up Mickey Mouse glove will be coming to Disney Parks in spring 2015. Will you be buying them?
- "Frozen" has reached yet another milestone, nudging out Barbie as the top girls' toy, according to the National Retail Federation.
- I leave you this Thanksgiving weekend with the beautiful lights of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, a must-see if you're heading to the parks this holiday season.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
— Mommy Frog
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.