Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Universal Orlando has released a sneak peek of its most life-like animatronic yet ... and it's Hogwarts' gamekeeper Hagrid! Take a look at the half-giant professor himself, ready to guide you through the Forbidden Forest in Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure coaster, opening June 13.
- Walt Disney World announced some fun changes coming soon to a MagicBand near you! Disney World Resort hotel guests and new and renewing annual passholders will have the option to upgrade their MagicBands at a discounted price, from the standard complimentary solid color to one of more than 30 new MagicBand upgrade options. The upgraded MagicBand options will feature favorite Disney characters and designs and will be available for pre-arrival purchase at a $14.99 discount from the regular retail cost through the My Disney Experience website.
- Looking for ways to celebrate mom this weekend? Disney Springs has so many toadally sweet Mother's Day celebrations going on! From terrarium-building, to scarf-making, to delicious brunch options, there's something for every mama. Here are a ton more fun ideas for celebrating mom at Disney World from my frog fam to yours. Hoppy Mother's Day!
- Two words: Free beer! SeaWorld Orlando will once again be offering free beer to park guests 21 and over from May 25 through Sept. 2. Head to Mama's Pretzel Kitchen Patio Bar from 10:30 a.m. until one hour prior to park close for your complimentary 14-ounce domestic beer.
- Aside from all of the awesome food and merchandise options in honor of Star Wars Day, Disney also released an original track from the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge theme parks! Composed by John Williams, the original symphonic suite gets us even more amped to visit a galaxy far, far away. Listen, you should!
- Speaking of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, Walt Disney World Resort will be offering Extra Extra Magic Hours at three parks daily from Sept. 1 to Nov. 2 ... including Hollywood Studios! The extra, Extra Magic Hours benefit will be offered every day from 6:00 to 9:00 a.m. for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (though Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences are subject to capacity). Hooray for even more time on Batuu!
- Ready to wine, dine and dance your way around the world? Bookings open May 15 for select Epcot Food and Wine Festival experiences, including Party for the Senses (featuring chefs and vintners from around the world on select Saturdays through Nov. 9), Sunday Brunch with the Chef (hosted by celebrity chefs such as Cat Cora, Andrew Zimmern and Buddy Valastro select Sundays through Nov. 17) and “Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!” (hands-on workshops with visiting chefs, bakers and mixologists select Mondays and Thursdays through Nov. 14).
- Tom Holland and the cast of "Spider-Man: Far From Home" pranked guests at the Disneyland Resort this week (although we're sure they didn't mind!) During a meet-and-greet with Spider-Man at Disney California Adventure, as guests posed with the superhero for a photo, Jake Gyllenhaal, Zendaya and Jacob Batalon ran out to join in ... and then Spider-Man took off his mask to reveal Tom Holland himself! Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, swinging by for a photo op.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.