'Sup! When it comes to mothers, Lily and I are pretty sure we hit the jackpot! We love Mommy Frog, and Mommy Frog loves Disney. So, what could be better than celebrating Mother’s Day at Disney World? (Hint: Not much — except for maybe a full day without any bickering or complaining from Lily and me!)
We want to treat Mommy Frog to a day filled with classic Disney magic, and we’re in luck because Disney World has plenty of special activities and gift ideas to offer so that Mommy Frog can be pampered like a queen … or should I say, a Disney Princess.
If you’re headed to the parks during Mother’s Day weekend (it's Sunday, May 14 this year!), here’s a list of ideas on how you can show appreciation for your own frog mom, aunt, grandmother, caregiver or other special person in your life. (Psst ... want to spoil your mom with a vacation without breaking the bank? Be sure to check out our Hot Deals!)
Toadally Special Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day at Disney World
With so much to see and do, Disney World has something unique for every personality! You’re bound to come up with the perfect Mother’s Day plan that’s tailored toward your mom’s preferences.
For the Foodie
If your mother looooves good food, a celebratory treat or meal is obviously a must. With hundreds of eateries on Disney property to choose from, you can go with a simple Mother’s Day dessert or go all out with a fancy dining experience. Just be sure to make any reservations far in advance. Many places will offer special treats over Mother's Day weekend, and some will even have treats up to a week before! You can check this year's Mother's Day Foodie Guide to see what will be offered this year.
Coral Reef Restaurant (available on May 14)
- (New) Mother’s Day Dessert: Strawberry mousse, pistachio chiffon cake and rosewater ganache
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Jiko – The Cooking Place (available on May 14)
- (New) Trio of Truffles Paired with Graham Beck Sparkling Brut Rosé: Lemon-saffron, rooibos tea and dark chocolate-cinnamon truffles with Graham Beck Sparkling Brut Rosé
The Mara (available May 7 through 14)
- (New) Dark Chocolate-dipped Strawberries
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
BoardWalk Deli (available until May 14)
- (New) Minnie Croissant Roll: Croissant dough with raspberry marmalade
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Contempo Café (available on Mobile Order on May 7 through May 14)
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart: Chocolate mousse tart topped with strawberry crémaux and strawberry balsamic compote
Steakhouse 71 (available on May 14)
- (New) Mother’s Day Brunch: Spring into the seasons with a scrumptious brunch as you celebrate your family legacy over dishes such as Floridian Eggs Benedict, Bacon & Eggs and the brunch-exclusive Hummingbird Bread Pudding.
Disney’s Old Key West Resort and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Good’s Food to Go and The Artist’s Palette (available May 7 through 14)
- (New) Strawberry-Passion Fruit Bar: Cassis chiffon, passion fruit curd, strawberry mousse and strawberry garnish
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Gasparilla’s Island Grill (available until May 31)
- (New) Strawberry Shortcake Bar: Strawberry cake pop enrobed in white chocolate and covered in strawberry rice croquant
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Kona Island & Capt. Cook’s (available on Mobile Order from May 11 through 14)
- (New) Aloha Mom!: DOLE Whip Pineapple crème puffs topped with coconut mousse, shaved coconut and fondant décor
Pineapple Lanai (available May 11 through 14)
- (New) Mother’s Day Flowers DOLE Whip Float: DOLE Whip with Banfi Rosa Regale Sparkling Red topped with shimmering edible flowers
Disney’s Riviera Resort
Le Petit Cafe (available May 7 through 14)
- (New) Pistachio-raspberry Éclair: Pistachio crémeux, raspberry gel, vanilla Chantilly and fresh raspberries
- (New) Mother’s Day Mimosa Pairing: Limoncello, Nino Franco Prosecco Rustico and raspberry with the Pistachio-raspberry Éclair
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Roaring Fork (available on Mobile Order from May 7 through 14)
- Mother’s Day Cupcake: Raspberry swirl cupcake filled with raspberry custard and crispy pearls topped with lemon buttercream and chocolate and fondant décor
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Beach Club Marketplace (available on Mobile Order from May 7 through 14)
- (New) Mother’s Day Cookie Bouquet: Vanilla cookies decorated with royal icing
Beach & Cream Soda Shop (available until May 31)
- Bouquet Shake: Strawberry milkshake with strawberry purée topped with a flowery chocolate cake
Disney's Yacht Club Resort (available May 7 through 14)
The Market at Ale & Compass
- (New) Mother’s Day Cookie Bouquet: Vanilla cookies decorated with royal icing
Amorette’s Patisserie (available from May 12 through 14)
- (New) Mother’s Day Sweet Treat: White chocolate-dipped strawberries and a mixed berry macaron
Dockside Margaritas (available May 13 and 14)
- Violet Bouquet: Hendrick’s Gin, Cointreau Liqueur, violet syrup and lime juice
The Ganachery (currently available)
- Rosa Regale & Ganache Square: A glass of Rosa Regale and your choice of ganache square
Make It Extra Special with Her Favorite Characters
Devour a delicious meal while you greet a group of your favorite characters. We know it’s tough to choose which one, but it really comes down to your mom’s wishes! Does she want to dine with Disney Princesses, the Fab Five or others? Here’s our ranking of character dining locations if you need some suggestions! We highly recommend Breakfast à la Art with Mickey & Friends at Topolino's Terrace for a Mother's Day celebration in 2023.
For the Green Thumb
For moms who love to garden (like our own greenie, Mommy Frog), plan to stop by EPCOT’s International Flower and Garden Festival. This annual event features Disney character topiaries, themed gardens, hoppin' concerts and, of course, fresh food and delicious drinks at Outdoor Kitchens.
For the Fashionista
Disney Springs is the shopping hop spot if you’re just looking to pick up the perfect gift or if you want your mom to select something for herself. Disney Springs offers a wide variety of brand-name stores, as well as shops that are entirely one-of-a-kind to Disney Springs. If your mom likes to accessorize with bling, you wouldn’t want to miss the jewelry collections at Ever After Jewelry Co., Pandora or Alex and Ani. Be sure to drop by the Marketplace Co-Op, where there are several shops offering specialty items, including accessories, home products and artwork. On Mother’s Day at Disney World, be on the lookout, as some stores may have featured items for the special occasion.
For the Outdoor Adventurer
Is your mom always ready for any adventure that comes her way? Bring your camping gear to The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort for a night under the stars. There are many outdoor recreational activities hoppening at the campsites. Take your pick: canoeing, kayaking, archery, horse-drawn wagon rides or horseback riding (Tri-Circle-D Ranch is where Cinderella's ponies stay!).
Pony Rides are currently available at the new Tri-Circle-D Ranch on a walk-in basis only. Trail Rides can be booked by calling (407) WDW-PLAY (939-7529) and are available on a walk-in basis pending availability at the Trail Ride check-in building at the front of Fort Wilderness. Reservations are highly recommended. Carriage rides are available at the Cabins and Campsites of Fort Wilderness and at Port Orleans – Riverside. The Fort Wilderness Archery Experience is also available and must be booked by calling (407) WDW-PLAY.
For the Animal Lover
A trip to Disney's Animal Kingdom is the obvious choice. It’s where you’ll find lions, tigers, rhinos — oh my. Take a Kilimanjaro Safari ride or trek through the numerous trails to spot as many animals as you can.
For the Movie Buff
A trip to Tinseltown via Disney's Hollywood Studios is the perfect ticket for movie lovers! Let Mom confront Kylo Ren and his Stormtroopers or pilot the Millennium Falcon. The whole fam can become part of a classic Mickey Mouse cartoon on Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway. You can also treat mom to a movie at AMC Theaters Dine-In at Disney Springs.
For the Pool Lounger
This is perhaps our personal favorite break from our regular Frog Pond! How about a cool getaway at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park? This Disney water park provides prime relaxation by the poolside or a ride down a lazy river. For the thrill-seeking mom, the water parks have more than enough rides to increase her heart rate. For an extra perk, rent out a private shaded area — Beachcomber Shacks — which includes cushioned seating, towels, a cooler with water and ice, refillable drink mugs and a locker for up to six people. Currently, Blizzard Beach is closed, but Typhoon Lagoon is ready for mom to relax!
Of course, there’s always the option to lounge around your resort’s pool (and it's hard to beat Stormalong Bay at Disney's Beach and Yacht Club Resorts!) If you need any help choosing the right Disney hotel pool, check out some of our top favorites.
Hoppy Mother's Day!
Will you be spending Mother’s Day at Disney World? Don't froget to tag us @ThemeParkFrog so we can celebrate along with you and Mom!
Related: Tips for Celebrating a Birthday at Disney World