Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is just around the corner, and Disney World just announced what this year's party-exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card will be! Welcome Adventureland's Orange Bird to your deck to help Merlin fight off evil villains. Orange Bird can be found making juice-o-lanterns on the card ... how cute!
- We hopped on over to Busch Gardens Tampa this week to share our favorite tips and experiences at one of our favorite rollercoaster destinations. With wildlife, awesome attractions, delicious food and more, this is the perfect family park to explore. Check out our guide to get ready for your next trip!
- SeaWorld Orlando's popular Praise Wave concert series is returning for a second time this year. The live Christian concerts will happen Sept. 15 and 22 with Michael W. Smith and the Newsboys performing on the respective dates.
- Universal Orlando Resort passholders, it's your time to shine! The park announced upcoming Passholder Appreciation Days, complete with exclusive buttons, after-hours events, discounted upgrades and other fun extras. #UOAPDAYS also includes early park admission, even at Volcano Bay. We love Universal, and they love us right back!
- There are few things we enjoy more than some good Disney history, so you can imagine our excitement when TIME Magazine shared some original Disneyland concept art this week. Alongside fascinating imagined designs (most of which later turned into some of our favorite rides, like Dumbo!), the article shares Walt Disney's original vision and his journey to make the Disneyland dream a reality.
- Universal Studios Hollywood has put its first round of tickets on sale for this year's Halloween Horror Nights to annual passholders. Tickets for all nights and to the general public go on sale Aug. 7.
- That's not all from Disneyland ... we know you love sweets, treats and eats just as much as us frogs! That's why we shared our Foodie's Guide to Pixar Pier this week. Check out all of the delish new snack items offered, and find out what our favorites are! (Don't forget, you can get discounted Disneyland tickets from us so you can try these all out yourself.)
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.