Where can you meet LEGO Gingerbread man, LEGO Santa and see a 30-foot LEGO Christmas tree with snowfall? Holidays at LEGOLAND California! Your little brick builders will get into the holiday spirit with entertainment, dance parties, special building opportunities, crafts and more at a theme park designed just for kids ages 2 to 12.
We are hoppy to say that the full Holidays at LEGOLAND event returned in 2021. We were invited to visit, and that was an early holiday gift we could not pass up!
Holidays at LEGOLAND California Dates and Tickets
The holiday event takes place on select days and weekends Nov. 20, 2021, through Jan. 9, 2022! You'll want to check the park operating hours to choose your visit. Keep in mind that weekdays in early December will have a lighter holiday celebration than the full event during Thanksgiving week, weekends and between Dec. 18 through Jan. 2.
If you’ll be visiting over New Year's, don’t miss the Kid’s New Year’s Eve Party with rides, a New Year’s countdown, an early fireworks display and live music to bring in the new year with a tadpole-friendly bedtime in mind.
You can get your LEGOLAND California tickets through your favorite froggy friends at Undercover Tourist. You’ll choose the date(s) you want to visit before you purchase. All guests need to have a dated ticket or a reservation to visit LEGOLAND California. As a special holiday gift, you get a second day FREE with our 1-Day LEGOLAND California + SEA LIFE Hopper + 2nd Day FREE ticket, which includes Holidays at LEGOLAND. We love free stuff! You may want to make a trip of it and stay at the LEGOLAND Hotel or Castle Hotel which also offer holiday décor and fun.
Characters During Holidays at LEGOLAND California
Take photos with LEGO characters at meet and greets including holiday characters such as gingerbread man, toy soldier and the big guy, Santa! Keep in mind that other LEGO characters may be out and about, as well. Our tadpoles always love meeting LEGO characters in the new LEGO Movie World. The LEGOLAND characters are ready for holiday hugs, pictures and selfies without any required physical distancing.
Holiday Décor LEGO Style
Hop over to Fun Town to see the 30-foot LEGO Christmas tree and other decor. This is also the place to meet LEGO Santa. The tree has over 400 LEGO ornaments. It lights up and twinkles to the holiday tunes at the Holiday Light Show with falling snow! Head here once it's dark before making your way to the Jingle Jamboree. The rest of the park has holiday decor LEGO-style! Be sure to take a picture with the full-size LEGO Santa and sleigh as well as the live LEGO Santa character.
Keep an eye out for photo-ops. Near the park entrance, you can take photos in large gift boxes.
Miniland Holiday Fun
In Miniland, the tadpoles had so much fun looking for all the mini Santas. Some of Santa's predicaments are quite comical. Those reindeer are always jumping in to save the day.
On the Miniland Lawn, your tadpoles will jump for:
- Building a LEGO ornament to hang on a tree
- Coloring an ornament to hang on the Christmas trees (or to take home as a souvenir)
- Writing a letter to Santa and mailing it in the North Pole Mail Box
Special Holiday Entertainment
The best part about visiting during the holidays is the special entertainment in the park.
- Snowfall – Enjoy snowfall at times just inside the park entrance and in Fun Town.
- Live music – Catch the holiday brass band, Santa's Little Helpers, at the Jingle Jamboree at the end of the night.
- Shows – Pull up the map in the LEGOLAND California app and select Shows at the top to find showtimes for:
- Mrs. Claus' Gingerbread Bakery (spoiler alert: LEGO Gingerbread Man makes an appearance, plus you can meet the cast at the end of the show)
- Hip Hop Elves (these hoppin' elves have all the moves and can be seen at Pirate Shores or LSP Plaza (and later at the Jingle Jamboree)
- Holiday Songs By the Fire (a trio or duet sing classic Christmas tunes at Castle Hill)
- Jingle Jamboree (the finale to a great day at LEGOLAND with live music, Hip Hop Elves and LEGO holiday characters such as the big guy himself, Santa!)
Holiday-Themed Food and Treats
You can expect to find yummy holiday treats around the park. Look for signage at restaurants for special holiday offerings. Plus, try these treats:
- Themed cookies
- Holiday caramel apples
- Holiday rice crispy
- Peppermint shake at Castle Ice Cream
- Smoked turkey legs at Smokehouse BBQ
- Seasonal specialties such as a holiday platter, mini beignets, sausages and more at the Garden Deli + Cafe
- Peppermint rice pudding at The Market
Tips to Build on Your LEGOLAND Holiday Fun
- Buy dated tickets or reserve early.
- Choose a date to visit with the most holiday festivities hoppening.
- Arrive early.
- Dress in layers as cool mornings can turn to sunny afternoons and then become chilly evenings.
- Download the LEGOLAND California app to find showtimes and other important information.
- Consider getting Reserve 'N' Ride to skip the rides if visiting over weekends or during a busy holiday time. We used it on our last visit and managed our selections through the LEGOLAND app. It helped us maximize time and make sure we hit all our must-do rides and save enough time to experience all of the entertainment, as well.
- Bring face coverings and back-ups in case you lose them. A state mandate requires masks indoors in public places through Jan. 15, 2022.
- Keep your camera ready for photo-ops.
- Follow our suggestions for a Touring Plan based on your tadpoles' ages.
- Check out the new LEGO Movie World while you're there.
- Stay until the end of the night for a fun holiday show, so you'll leave the party with all the festive feels.
Are you excited to celebrate the Holidays at LEGOLAND California? Be sure to get your LEGOLAND California Resort tickets and LEGOLAND Hotel reservations early so you can secure your dates! We also have other suggestions for where to stay in San Diego and things to do with kids during your visit.