A note from Mommy Frog: The Frog Family made a trip to LEGOLAND California recently, and the tadpoles were so frogcited to visit the new LEGO Movie World! Of course, we visited just days before the state mask mandate ended, so you will see more face coverings in our photos than if you visited now. Many families still choose to mask up in theme parks. Hop over to our LEGOLAND California reopening post and the LEGOLAND Safe to Play page for the latest information about face coverings and park reservations. Our toddler, Lily, is literally jumping with anticipation to tell you all about LEGO Movie World at LEGOLAND California. She can't stop talking about it (and about how I frogot her swimsuit! Croak!)
Hi! It's me, Lily. There is a new land in LEGOLAND where everything is awesome. And you cannot froget that because the fun and upbeat music will remind you. LEGO Movie World at LEGOLAND California brings Bricksburg to one of my favorite theme parks, where many rides are just my speed. My big brother Tad — a huge LEGO Movie fan and LEGO expert, BTW — and I hopped by with our parents. Here is everything you need to know. (Psst … you’ll want to watch "The LEGO Movie" before you go to get the most out of your visit.)
What Is There to Do at LEGO Movie World at LEGOLAND California?
Here is everything you need to know about visiting LEGO Movie World. We'll go over the rides, food, shopping and other things to do in Bricksburg. You can find this new world to the left of the park entrance, between Explorer Island and Fun Town.
Rides at LEGO Movie World
There are three rides at LEGO Movie World at LEGOLAND California. Between them, there is something for everyone in your family, from the tadpoles to the tweens, to the adults.
Queen Watevra’s Carousel
Climb onto a colorful horse and take it for a spin. The horses with pink poles do not go up and down. If you don't want to ride a horse, you can hop in a truck with benches instead! This gentle ride is perfect for tadpoles who are not ready for bigger or faster rides.
Unikitty’s Disco Drop
Want a bird’s eye view up above the rainbow? Up, up you go to a height of 35 feet, then down and up and down as you spin around Unikitty’s tower. You’ll be bouncing up and down with Unikitty’s many moods. Riders must be at least 40 inches tall and three years old or older to ride. Riders under 48 inches must be accompanied by a rider who is at least 14 years old and 48 inches or taller. This was fun, but I squeezed Mommy Frog’s hand so hard when we went so high. It’s the best view of LEGO Movie World though. This ride is fun for parents too!
Emmet’s Flying Adventure Ride
Strap in for an adventure on a triple-decker flying couch. You’ll be transported to a LEGO world that feels like it’s popping right out of the screen at you — no 3D glasses needed. You can smell nice scents, but watch out for that water. You just might get splashed! Riders must be at least 40 inches tall and three years old or older to ride. Riders under 48 inches must be accompanied by a rider who is at least 14 years old and 48 inches or taller. They will give you LEGO pieces to hold onto to note your party size and color so you know where to go. How cool is that?
I was so excited that I was just tall enough and just old enough to ride, but I have to admit that this felt even higher than Unikitty’s Disco Drop to me. Even though Mommy Frog reminded me it was a pretend LEGO world and that I was safely strapped in, it still felt very real to me to swoop around on a flying couch! The ride does not have scary scenes, but I was scared anyway! Mommy Frog says that the sign when you enter says, "No DUPLO allowed." Do your kids still play with DUPLO bricks or have they moved on to the next LEGO sets? That might be a good way to tell if your tadpoles are ready for this ride.
My brother Tad called this ride toadally awesome and wanted to go again and again! Mommy Frog watched me play on Benny's Playship and in the water — oops, I got my clothes wet! — while Tad and Dad rode again. Be sure you like heights and colorful scenery that almost pops out at you before you ride. If you decide it's not for you (or you are not old enough or tall enough) ask the ride attendant about Parent Swap so your other family members can take turns riding. Mommy Frog has a hopful post on LEGOLAND California height requirements and Parent Swap.
Food and Treats in LEGO Movie World
When in Bricksburg, you have to try the food.
Everything is Ramen!
I ate ALL of my orange chicken rice bowl here. The kids meal comes in the cutest reusable bag (I had Mommy Frog save mine for later) with a drink and fruit snacks! My other family members ate the ramen in broth and really liked it. You can buy cute cookies for dessert — just sayin’.
Cloud Cuckoo Crepes
If you want a sweet snack, this is the place. I could not even wait for Mommy Frog to cut up my berry crepe to taste it! You can watch them make your crepe through the window. So fun!
Benny’s Rocket Fuel
Just looking for a snack? How about blue popcorn or some ice cream and slushies to fuel up for more play? Yum.
Characters in LEGO Movie World
You cannot visit LEGO Movie World without meeting the stars of the show. You can meet Emmet Brickowski, Wyldstyle, Spaceman Benny and General Sweet Mayhem outside or inside Emmet’s downtown Bricksburg apartment. Inside, you can see what Emmet’s apartment looks like and take photos with LEGO friends (and see that flying couch).
Other Experiences in LEGO Movie World
Kids like me love free playtime, which is why LEGOLAND rules. Here's what you can do in LEGO Movie World.
- Climb Inside Benny’s Playship — Spaceman Benny’s spaceship landed right in the middle of Brickburg! Climb this playground tower and take your day to new heights.
- Water Play — Remind your mom and dad to pack a swimsuit because you’re going to want to play in the sprinklers next to Benny’s Playship, especially on a sunny day!
- Build Watevra You Want — You’ll be inspired by your visit to LEGOLAND to get your froggy fingers on some LEGOS. You can literally "Build Watevra You Want" at one of many building tables and then put your masterpiece on the display wall for everyone else to enjoy! The whole family can join in.
- Shopping at the Everything Is Awesome Shop — What is a trip to LEGOLAND without shopping for LEGOS? You’ll toadally want a souvenir to remember your trip to Bricksburg.
Tips for Visiting LEGO Movie World at LEGOLAND California
Here are my tips for visiting LEGO Movie World:
- Bring your swimsuit.
- Hop by more than once during your visit.
- If the line for Emmet’s Flying Adventure is long, hop back in the afternoon or get Reserve ‘N’ Ride to shorten your wait.
- Try the food.
- Take a lot of photos.
- If you are a LEGO Movie fan, slow down to enjoy all of the fun details, LEGO figures and signs. I promise after you leave, you’ll be singing "Everything Is Awesome!" all day long!
- Watch "The LEGO Movie" before you go, and if you are a huge fan, hop by the LEGO Movie 2 Experience in Imagination Zone for a behind-the-scenes look at movie sets.
- Follow my daddy Leap's LEGOLAND California tips for an awesome trip. (He knows all that important planning stuff.)
- Hop over to Mommy Frog's LEGOLAND California reopening post for all of the details on theme park reservations, masks and hand sanitizer.
- Stay at one of the LEGOLAND Hotels for an extra fun visit.
Planning on hopping by LEGO Movie World at LEGOLAND California? You'll want to purchase your LEGOLAND California resort tickets in advance to save money and time.