Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Our resident thrill seeker, Tad, is hopping up and down with excitement because Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and SeaWorld San Diego have finally set official opening dates for their much-anticipated roller coasters! The news should make spring breakers hoppy because Iron Gwazi and Emperor will open March 11 and 12, respectively. Iron Gwazi will debut as the world's fastest and steepest hybrid coaster, and Emperor will become the tallest, fastest and longest dive coaster in California. Who's joining us next month?
- Giddy up! New experiences are coming to Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios this year. Soon, you'll be able to shop for toys and souvenirs at Jessie's Trading Post after a competitive ride through Toy Story Mania! Also, the previously-announced Roundup Rodeo BBQ is confirmed to open sometime in 2022. You'll feel like one of Woody's honorary toys, as you dine on barbecue surrounded by toys and games that Andy assembled together to create his unique "rodeo."
- Tadpoles can now ride around in style with Disney World's newly redesigned stroller rentals. The strollers feature Mickey and Minnie Mouse and sport the classic red, yellow and black color combo. You can find them at all four theme parks and Disney Springs.
- It's game on! ESPN will broadcast Super Bowl LVI coverage at Disneyland Resort, beginning Feb. 9 through Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 13. Football fans at Disney California Adventure will be able to enjoy a special fan experience and view the telecast productions to catch a glimpse of their favorite ESPN personalities and NFL players. Downtown Disney will also host an outdoor fan experience between Tortilla Jo's and Splitsville Luxury Lanes, Feb. 10 to Feb. 13.
- Did you hear that? That's just my stomach growling like a tiger. Disneyland released its foodie guide for the Lunar New Year celebration (which starts today!) at Disney California Adventure Park. The festival celebrates flavors and traditions from China, Korea and Vietnam. Plus, you'll find even more special dishes at various carts and restaurants, including Lucky Fortune Cookery, Paradise Garden Grill, Lamplight Lounge and Disney's Grand Californian Hotel's Holiday Cart. It's the Year of the Tiger, and that Mickey-shaped tiger sugar cookie is too cute! Check out our full guide to this hoppin' event here.
- On a similar scrumptious note, more restaurants continue to reopen at Disney World. Flying Fish at Disney's BoardWalk, The Turf Club Bar and Grill at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Jiko – The Cooking Place at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge are set to open their doors again over the next several weeks. Breakfast buffets are also returning to Cape May Cafe at Disney's Beach Club and Ale & Compass Restaurant at Disney's Yacht Club Resort. Yum!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.