If you're looking for a family-friendly Halloween event, then the LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat Monster Party is for you and your tadpoles 12 and under. The Frog Family was hoppin' excited to attend this awesome event in 2022. Our tadpoles sit at two ends of the ideal age group spectrum for this event and theme park, with a tween who still loves to build with LEGOs and wear a Halloween costume and a toddler who believes every day is a reason to dress up.
Overview of LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat Monster Party
We have big news! Brick-or-Treat is back with more dates and new entertainment in 2022. Monsters are taking over the park to host a Monster Party in the park. This Halloween party takes place during regular park hours, which is good news for families with early bedtimes. You and your tadpoles can explore themed areas throughout the park. With family-friendly live entertainment, trick-or-treating, costume contests limited attractions and more, there is so much to look forward to and nothing to be scared of!
Our tadpoles are hopped up on LEGOLAND California for its age-appropriate rides, building opportunities, food and fun. Plus the SEA LIFE Aquarium and LEGOLAND Water Park are perfect additions to an already great park! Combine everything with one of their favorite holidays — Halloween — and it's almost too good to be true. But we promise all bricks and no tricks in this LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat Monster Party guide!
Here is the link to the 2022 guide and event map. You can use it to plan out your shows and to find your favorite characters and treat trails.
LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat Dates, Hours and Ticket Information
When does Brick-or Treat hoppen? What a treat! Brick-or-Treat kicks off earlier in 2022 with more dates than last year! Brick-or-Treat takes place every Saturday from Sept. 17 through Oct. 30, 2022. (Yes, Sunday Oct. 30 was added for Halloween weekend!) The entertainment and activities mostly occur in the afternoon and evening. LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat 2022 dates are:
- Sept. 17 and 24
- Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 and 30
The festivities run from 3 to 9 p.m on Saturdays and from 2 to 8 p.m. on Sunday Oct. 30.
Here’s a look at the overall LEGOLAND operating hours for Brick-or-Treat days (check the calendar as times are subject to change):
- LEGOLAND Theme Park — 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (closes at 8 p.m. Oct. 30.)
- LEGOLAND Water Park — 12 p.m to 4 p.m.
- SEA LIFE Aquarium — 10:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (but closes at 8:30 p.m. Oct. 30)
All LEGOLAND visitors must have a dated ticket to visit LEGOLAND California. That means you'll need a ticket for one of the Saturdays during the event to attend Brick-or-Treat. You do not need a separate party ticket to this all-day event. You can get your LEGOLAND Brick-or-Treat tickets through your favorite froggy friends this year! We sell LEGOLAND California Resort tickets that are valid for this event (child tickets are for ages 3 to 12, and tadpoles under 3 do not need a ticket):
- 1-Day LEGOLAND Brick-or-Treat Event Ticket for a final price of $98.99 per child and $104.99 per adult.
- 1-Day LEGOLAND + SEA LIFE Aquarium + Brick-or-Treat Event Ticket for a final price of $118.99 per child and $124.99 per adult
- 1-Day LEGOLAND Resort Hopper + SEA LIFE Aquarium + Brick-or-Treat Event Ticket for a final price of $124.99 per child and $130.99 per adult
October can be quite warm in SoCal. If you think your tadpoles might want to visit the toadally cool LEGOLAND Water Park before getting in costume, spring for the Resort Hopper ticket, which includes the water park. It’s only a few dollars more than just the LEGOLAND + SEA Life option per ticket to make that splash. Parking is $25.
LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat Special Entertainment
Catch some not-so-spooky, family-friendly entertainment and shows, including new shows for2022! Last year we enjoyed such shows as Midnight Monster Jam, Frankenbrick's Lab and The Witch’s Wand. Live entertainment gets going around 2 p.m. — well before midnight!
In 2022, new live shows include:
- Lord Vampyre's Very Important Monsters (V.I.M.) Dance Party - This takes place at the Miniland lawn for the costume contest. Everyone is invited.
- Operation Monster Squad - Do you have what it takes to walk and dance like a monster? find out at the Castle Hill Stage featuring LEGO Wolf Guy.
- A Candy-Coated Curse - Join trick-or-treaters at the Fun Town Stage as they sing, dance and chant their way our of a sticky situation.
There's also a new 4D movie:
- The Great Monster Chase - Find our what hoppens when four tweens try to sneak into a monster party. This one starts in the morning, so it's a good show to knock out before the party kicks off.
Enjoy musical entertainment throughout the event.
The Rockin' Bones Trio - This band plays at The Beginning Stage at 3, 4, 4:15 and 5:15 p.m.
The Skeleton Brass Band - This show is at The Beginning Stage at 5:30 and 6:15.
Zombie Cheer Crew - What do we want? Brains! When do we want them? Now! Catch some drop-dead killer moves at the LEGO Show Place Theater at 2:45, 3:45, 4:45 and 5:45.
The Monster Rock Off - The biggest surprise of the night is the Monster Rock Off at The Beginning Stage. You can't miss this party near the park exit. The LEGO Monster Band put on a spooktacular dance party. at 7:30 and 8:20 p.m. "Cause it's a thriller, thriller night ..." we just cannot stop singing.
Oh no! The Monsters-only party toured through five Miniland U.S.A. cities and lost an instrument in each of them! Can you find and photograph their saxophone, keyboard, drum stick, guitar and bass? Share your finding with the Very Important Monster teams at the information booth in Miniland U.S.A. to receive a 2022 scented pop badge.
LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat Character Greetings and Rides or Attractions
Be on the lookout for LEGO meet and greets with LEGO Lord Vampyre, LEGO Witch, LEGO Mummy and LEGO Scarecrow. The meet and greet times are in the event guide and LEGOLAND app. Here's where to find them:
Lord Vampyre - Miniland Lawn at 3, 4, 5:30 and 6:30
Tiger Woman - The Beginning Stage at 9 and 10 a.m.
Zombie Cheer Crew (show) - LEGO Show Place Theater at 2:45, 3:45, 4:45 and 5:45
LEGO Monster Rocker - LEGO Show Place Theater at 2:15, 3:15, 4:15 and 5:15
LEGO Scarecrow - Explorer Island at 3:30. 4:30. 5:30 and 6:45
LEGO Witch - Fun Town at 3:50, 5:20, 6:50 and 8:20
LEGO Mummy - 2:15, 3:15, 4:15, 5:45, 6:45 and 7:45
Keep an eye to the sky for park-wide roaming stilt walkers such as the Grave Digger and Haunted Lady) and an interactive Goblin King — He's so funny. Your kids will have fun chatting with him. Last year you could find him along the path from the Model Shop to Castle Hill.
There is a new ride overlay this year. It's a disco inferno with Disco music taking over The Dragon Coaster. Boogie down to a groovy monster soundtrack and party lights.
A Monster Scare Trail
The Monster Scare Trail at LEGOLAND looms over Fun Town. It is the perfect family-friendly introduction to Halloween mazes. This indoor experience is much gentler than the ones you would find at any adult Halloween event at other theme parks. (Yep, we are looking at you and your terrifying scare zones, Knott's Scary Farm and SeaWorld Howl-O-Scream.) We saw no tears and only smiles on kids exiting, but there are live actors and some spooky noises that could be too much for very sensitive little tadpoles. It was not Lily's favorite, but Tad had a blast. It is open from 3 to 8:30 p.m. The line moves fast and may be shorter towards the end of the night.
Rides are open all day and night, but a few may close early at 5 p.m., such as:
- Dune Raider
- Pharaoh's Revenge
- Fairy Tale Brook
- Splash Battle
- Pirate Reef
Ride those early in the day! Rides under refurbishment will remain closed.
LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat Costume Information
The whole family can dress up in costume at Brick-or-Treat. There are costume parades and costume contests.
Dress in your LEGO or Halloween best. Your tadpoles will want to show off their fun looks by participating in a costume contest parade. There are four costume parades throughout the day at 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. Adults are encouraged to dress up, too, and join in the parade or watch their little ones strut their stuff.
You’ll need to register your tadpoles at least ten minutes before the parade begins. You can sign up between 10 minutes before each party at the Miniland Lawn Information Booth. The contest is open to children ages 12 and younger. Guests older than 12 (including parents) may participate in the group category but must be accompanied by a younger child under the age of 12. If you want to sign up for more than one contest, you can. After the parade, gather on the lawn for dancing and to find out who won.
Three LEGOLAND judges will pick one winner for each category and contest:
- The Best Monster Costume
- Best Homemade Costume
- Best Group Costume
Those prizes are toadally worth putting in the effort to try to win, BTW. Any costume that the judges deem inappropriate for viewing by LEGOLAND guests will not be permitted in the contest.
Trick-or-Treating at LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat
Can we ever get enough trick-or-treating? You do not need to answer that. Fill a bag with treats from 15 treat stations throughout the park. Pick up an Event Guide when you enter the park. It has a map, and treat stations are marked with a candy corn icon. Trick-or-treating starts at 3 p.m. There are allergy-free options on the right side of the park (nearCastle Hill and other areas). Candy options included Smarties, Laffy Taffy and Sour Patch Kids. At Fun Town, we found chocolates and other candies. Plastic treat bags are available at the park entrance and at treat stations if you don't have a bag or froget to bring one. Trick-or-treating is geared toward your kids. Remember to say, "Brick-or-Treat!"
LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat Food and Merchandise
It’s no secret that we frogs have a sweet tooth. You say "pumpkin spice" or "candy apple" and we’ll be there. When evens starts to get chilly, you can warm up with hot apple cider from Granny's Apple Fries.
We are hoppy to say that Halloween-themed food and beverage options are available all day each Saturday in October! Here’s a starting look at what to expect:
- Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Candy apples
- Themed cookies
- Purple crispy treats
- Creepy Crêpe at Cloud Cuckoo Crêpes
- Witches Wacky Rice Pudding
- Apple cider at Granny's Apple Fries
- Pumpkin crepes, shakes and lattes (There were no crepes available when we visited, but we found both the latte and Deluxe Monster Pumpkin Shake and Ice "Scream" at Castle Ice Cream.)
Check out Tad's video of LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat 2021 on our YouTube channel.
LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat Tips
Build upon a great day of fall fun with these tips:
- Purchase dated tickets early as they could sell out.
- It’s an all-day event, but the Halloween fun, costume contests and more entertainment ramp up in the afternoon around 2 p.m. with some shows starting earlier.
- Trick-or-treating kicks off at 3 p.m.
- Use the earlier part of the day for rides and building (or maybe even putting in some splash time at the LEGOLAND Water Park).
- The LEGOLAND Water Park is open on Brick-or-Treat days. Purchase a Hopper ticket that includes the water park to cool off or dip your toads in the water before the party heats up.
- Stay hydrated and remember to eat dinner (you can live off candy but we do not recommend it)! Here's our guide to the best LEGOLAND food.
- Wear comfortable shoes instead of costume shoes (walking from treat trail to treat trail can wear those flippers out).
- Check the weather and make sure your costumes will be comfortable (we always dress in layers as warm days can turn into cool nights).
- Bring a stroller or backpack to hold all of your candy.
- Get your camera ready for fun photo-ops throughout the park.
- Talk to your tadpoles about how everything they see is pretend and for fun.
- While you are there, check out the new LEGO Movie World!
- Stay for the Monster Rock Off (7:30 p.m. to 8:20 p.m.)
- Don't save shopping at The Big Shop for the very end because a line to enter the store can form near closing.
- A LEGOLAND Halloween party is not complete without the bricks that put this park on the map. You can Build-a-Mini! Buy your own LEGO Minifigure pack, and build them. Then, either keep them or trade them at any of the in-park Minifigure Trading locations!
- Your brick-loving treasure hunters may love the VIP (Very Important Pumpkin) Creative Workshop led by a VIP Master Builder. Scan the QR Code on the Event Guide to sign up. It is held on the rooftop of the Model Shop.
Are you excited to visit LEGOLAND Brick-or-Treat? Tickets are selling out in a scary fast way, so be sure to purchase LEGOLAND tickets in advance.
Related: What You Need to Know About Hopping to LEGOLAND California Water Park
Related: How to Have Spooktacular Halloween Fun at SeaWorld San Diego