Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland Park will begin its extended refurbishment on March 9. This year-long transformation includes new experiences and interactive play areas for families. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Mickey's House and Minnie's House will remain the same, while Gadget's Go Coaster, Goofy's House and Donald's Boat will be reimagined. The area will reopen in early 2023 alongside the Disneyland debut of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. Check out our guide on what else is coming to Disneyland in 2022 and beyond!
- It's official: Gate prices at Walt Disney World Resort have officially increased. NOW is the time to get a hop on your tickets! You can currently save up to $131 on Walt Disney World Resort tickets with Undercover Tourist — lock in old ticket prices before they're gone!
- ICYMI: Many of the theme parks in both Florida and California updated their policies on face coverings this week. For the most up-to-date information, visit our guide to mask policies in the theme parks.
- "We're going to Disneyland!" After the Los Angeles Rams won the Super Bowl on Sunday, players Cooper Kupp, Aaron Donald and Matthew Stafford celebrated the next day at Disneyland Resort. The three athletes joined Mickey and friends in their sports attire for a celebratory cavalcade through the park. Sports fanatic Tad was toadally excited to see a combination of his two favorite things (check out his awesome video of the cavalcade).
- Ice Breaker is now officially open at SeaWorld Orlando! We frogs rode a few weeks ago during annual passholder previews. It was toadally awesome and a whole lot of fun! We think it's the perfect coaster addition for those who aren't quite ready for Mako or Manta but have graduated from Super Grover's Box Car Derby.
- Speaking of exciting "rides," the Disneyland parking trams are back Feb. 23! The tram service will conveniently connect the Mickey and Friends and Pixar Pals parking garages to the front gates and Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. We are very excited to rest our froggy feet after a long day at the parks!
- Ever wanted to live in a Disney-run neighborhood? Disney has announced the new "Storyliving by Disney" for the development of residential communities. The first planned community, Cotino, will be in Rancho Mirage, California, within the Palm Springs area. There will be a variety of home types and plans for shopping, dining and entertainment offerings. Some of the neighborhoods will be designated for ages 55 and older. An optional paid club membership provides access to special Disney entertainment and activities.
- Taste desserts like never before with the Joyful Sweets shop aboard the Disney Wish. Inspired by "Inside Out," the store resembles the headquarters of Riley's mind. Enjoy sweet treats resembling the memory orbs, more than 40 flavors of gelato and ice cream, and colorful cupcakes resembling Joy, Sadness, Anger, Envy and Fear. I'm definitely feeling joy and envy right now!
- Universal Orlando has debuted a new trip-planning site, "Discover Universal". Find guides, itineraries, podcasts and videos on all of the tips and tricks for visiting the theme park. More content is set to launch over the next few months, including various series about dining, hotels and more.
- Peppa Pig Theme Park is ready for its Feb. 24 grand opening! Located near LEGOLAND Florida, this separately ticketed theme park offers lots of themed rides, shows and play areas perfect for young tadpoles. We froggies will be there to check it out (as if Lily would miss it!), so stay tuned for all of the oinktastic details!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.