Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Walt Disney World announced that a brand new hotel is in the works at the former site of River Country water park. Slated to open in 2022, the nature-themed, deluxe hotel will be located between Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. It will be Disney's 16th Disney Vacation Club property, and we're already excited to check it out!
- Disney World really is growing! This week, the resort also shared new concept art of the in-progress 15-story tower coming to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. As the new main entry point of the hotel, the tower will offer a two-story lobby and table-service dining with spectacular views.
- Tadpoles, get hopping! An all-new Disney Junior Dance Party is headed to Disney's Hollywood Studios starting Dec. 22. Timon, Doc McStuffins, Vampirina and Roadster Racers Mickey will be dance and play with your little ones to some high-energy tunes. Keep an eye out for some special effects, too!
- This week, Walt Disney World launched new date-specific pricing, which requires you to choose a start date and use your tickets within a specific time period. For a limited time, we will be offering the previous ticket options while supplies last! We highly recommend you buy your tickets now to lock in the savings and flexibility!
- Warm and fuzzy alert! Disneyland Resort has announced a new collaboration with CHOC Children’s in Orange County, California. The partnership aims to bring customized patient experiences, including character interactions and more fun, to bring the joy of Disney to CHOC Children's hospital stays for patients and families alike. Those aren't tears, just pond water in our eyes ...
- You know we've been hoppin' about Universal Orlando Resort bringing you the latest and greatest from Halloween Horror Nights 28. Well, you're in luck, because now we have an entire post on how Stay-and-Scream aka Early Entry works. We share our best recommendations to hop from house to house with ease ... so be sure to check it out before making your monstrous visits this weekend!
- Speaking of which, you've probably caught on by now that we're HUGE Halloween Horror Nights fans ... and that includes Universal Studios Hollywood, of course! You can't imagine Leap's excitement when the "Universal Monsters" soundtrack by Slash himself was released on Spotify so we could bring the spooky fun home with us.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.