Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Hoppy news for Orlando vacationers! Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria Orlando are now official Walt Disney World hotels ... which means they get some pretty magical benefits! Guests of both hotels can now take advantage of Extra Magic Hours at the Disney World theme parks plus they can book FastPass+ starting at 60 days! The Extra Magic Benefit allows on-site guests to either enter select theme parks an hour before opening or stay two hours after park closing every day of their visit.
- We now know when exactly when we can travel to a galaxy far, far away! Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will open May 31, 2019, at the Disneyland Resort in California and Aug. 29, 2019, at Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. We've got more details on the openings — plus full land details — in our galactic guides to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland and Disney World. Is it summer yet?
- Can you tell me how to get ... how to get to SeaWorld Orlando? SeaWorld has announced the official opening date of Sesame Street — March 27, 2019! Tadpoles and grownup frogs alike will be able to explore iconic locations from the longstanding TV show, including Mr. Hooper's Store and Big Bird's nest, as well as playing in wet and dry areas and interacting with favorite Sesame Street characters such as Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby and many more.
- Ready for Happy Hour (or as we like to say, Hoppy Hour)? During the month of March, SeaWorld Orlando has a "Double Your Pour After 4" promotion going on every Friday after, you guessed it, 4 p.m. On Friday evenings in March, guests can enjoy 2-for-1 punches on all Seven Seas Food Festival beverage samples using the Beverage Sampling Lanyard from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.. The downside? Deciding which of the over 70 craft brews and 50 wines and spirits to choose from!
- If you're visiting Walt Disney World on International Women's Day today, you're in for a treat! Guests can enjoy special entertainment and food and beverage offerings at all four parks. Check out the Sisters Soiree Dance Party in Magic Kingdom, featuring Judy Hopps from "Zootopia" and Joy from "Inside Out" ... or the march of the women of the Green Army Patrol in Toy Story Land in Disney's Hollywood Studios! Don't froget to swing by The Ganachery at Disney Springs to grab a chocolate Power Piñata, adorned with Captain Marvel's symbol (just in time for the movie debut)!
- The birthday surprises just keep coming at LEGOLAND California! As we announced previously, all guests under 12 can get FREE admission to the park on their birthday in 2019 ... but on March 20, 2019, in celebration of the park's 20th birthday, the first 1,000 kids to enter the park will receive FREE minifigure hands and can catch a special park opening ceremony. Not able to hop to the park on March 20? No problem! The 20th Birthday Dance Party is sure to keep the birthday celebration going! The new interactive show will feature the park's newest characters, Jake and Emily, named after the two most popular baby names in 1999 (the year the park opened). You can catch the 20th Birthday Dance Party show daily from March 16-Sept. 1, 2019.
- Epcot's International Flower and Garden Festival is in full bloom at Walt Disney World! If you decide to stop and smell the roses at Epcot, don't froget to tag us @ThemeParkFrog so we can hop along! And be on the lookout, because we'll be at the festival next week!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.