Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- You've got a friend in weeeeee! This week, the Disneyland Resort revealed plans for Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure. The re-theming of Paradise Pier will see the popular California Screamin' coaster become The Incredicoaster. A new area inspired by "Inside Out" will be added, and Ariel's Grotto and Cove Bar will be re-themed. Many of these changes to Disney California Adventure will be ready for Pixar Fest, which starts April 13, 2018.
- Get ready to roll with Toretto's team. Universal Orlando Resort has given us our first look at the upcoming Fast & Furious — Supercharged. This new ride is based on the popular "The Fast and the Furious" film franchise (say that five times fast) and will roll into Universal Studios Florida in 2018.
- Care for a sneak peek of the new marketplace booths for the Disney Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure? New tastes, such as Joy to the Sauce and Chips, Breads & Holiday Spreads have been spotted, along with returning favorites Making Spirits Bright and Winter Sliderland. Disney Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure runs Nov. 10, 2017, through Jan. 2, 2018.
- Time for one last BAM! Emeril’s Tchoup Chop at Loews Royal Pacific Hotel will be closing Dec. 31. A replacement for the restaurant inside Universal Orlando has not been revealed.
- A Celebration of Harry Potter activities and demonstrations have been revealed. We can't wait to experience Wand Combat Skills and the Harry Potter Chalk Art Walk. Running Jan. 26-28, 2018, this event is included with regular park admission. By the way, we offer discount Universal Orlando Resort tickets. We can't wait to go. Can a Time-Turner send you into the future? Asking for a frog.
- Oh boy! Disney Parks around the world will celebrate Mickey Mouse's Birthday on Nov. 18. Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World will celebrate with “Happy Birthday, Mickey!” buttons, merchandise and Sorcerer Mickey Cake. Disneyland will host a celebration cavalcade for Mickey Mouse, featuring some of his special friends and the Disneyland Band. Guests will receive "Happy Birthday, Mickey!" buttons as well.
- With the year winding down, Theme Park Insider asks the all-important question: What are the most exciting new theme park rides for 2018? One ticket for Universal Studios Japan, please.
- The lineup of SeaWorld Orlando 2018 events will "splash" your calendar with fun throughout the year. Highlights include the popular returning Seven Seas Food Festival and Electric Ocean events. New additions, such as Just For Kids and Three Kings Day will keep guests diving into SeaWorld fun all year long. We have you covered with discount SeaWorld Orlando tickets.
- It's never too soon to think about Christmas or New Year's Eve. Two LEGOLAND Florida Holiday Celebrations will help you "build" a great seasonal visit. Christmas Bricktaular will run select days in December. Guests will enjoy meeting Lego Santa, Lego Toy Soldier and seeing special Lego Christmas sculptures. Kid's New Years Eve Party runs on six dates in late December and will feature a dance part, Lego builds and fireworks spectacular.
- The Pandora Conservation Initiative has your perfect Christmas gift for that in-house Pandora fandora (That's not a thing, but it should be). The popular interactive banshees that you may have seen flying (selling) out of Pandora — The World of Avatar are now available online.
- Now you can waste away in Margaritaville searching for that lost shaker of salt — for reals. Margaritaville Resort Orlando released a new rendering, showcasing these bright tropical vacation cottages. The new resort will open up to Parrotheads in 2018.
- And finally, back in my day, we didn't visit a Disney park with the goal of having our picture taken against a wall. Well, times have changed. How many of these nine Instagram-worthy "Disney Walls" have you snagged a selfie with? Leap was hoppy to get into the act earlier this year with his #mosswall selfie.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend.