Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- It's time to gather your pals and head to Pixar Pier ... the renovated area of Disneyland's California Adventure Park opens this Saturday! This includes the re-imagination of Paradise Pier's classic attractions as well as new dining, merch, games and more! What are you most excited to hop on?
- H2O Glow Nights took over Typhoon Lagoon for the first night of summer, and we were there for the party! The separately ticketed, special nighttime event features fun Toy Story characters, a rockin' dance party and the best part ... super limited wait times on all of the rides. We toadally recommend splashing over there soon.
- Disney World just announced four new experiences for this year's Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Interactive pirates will join you for a spooky sail on Pirates of the Caribbean, Mad Tea Party promises mystical color and lighting effects and Space Mountain will offer a transformative soundtrack and special effects. Oh, and you'll now be able to find your favorite Disney Junior pals for a dance party in Storybook Circus!
- Jurassic World is taking over Universal Orlando Resort, and Tad couldn't be hoppier! New Jurassic World-themed kids' suites are now available at Loews Royal Pacific Resort, and tons of new treats and merchandise are available throughout property. Our fave so far is the Raptor Claw from VooDoo Doughnut! Be sure to visit Blue for a new Raptor Encounter in Islands of Adventure too.
- Speaking of Universal Orlando, have you heard about our latest sweepstakes?! Our Supercharged Fast and Furious Family Vacation Sweepstakes gives you the chance at a 3-night trip to Universal Orlando to experience all of the latest and greatest fun, including its new Fast and Furious attraction. Hop on it!
- SeaWorld Orlando shared some construction updates this week of its new water ride, Infinity Falls. Set to open this summer, the new family raft ride will take you through a jungle conservation story for a splashin' adventure ... just our froggy style ;)
- RAWR! Jurassic World's Blue has made her way to the West Coast for a new Raptor Encounter at Universal Studios Hollywood. Don't worry, there are trainers on-site to protect you if she gets excited! We can't wait to check it out for ourselves.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.