Toy Story pals sure know how to throw a beach party! After its flashy, splashy debut last summer, Disney H2O Glow Nights has returned to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park for 2019. This year, the water park is hosting more H2O Glow Night parties from May 30 to Aug. 24 on Thursday and Saturday nights. This separately ticketed, tadpole-friendly evening event is a splashing good way to cool off and keep the vacation party going after a day in the parks! Thinking about getting your glow on? We’re here to share the full scoop on this Pixar-themed water park par-tay hosted by Partysaurus Rex, the “Dinosaur of Ceremonies!”
Disney H2O Glow Nights at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
To celebrate the release of "Toy Story 4," Rex and his Toy Story pals are promising epic summer nights at Typhoon Lagoon. Special effects lighting will once again transform the park. Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Jessie will all be there for some character meet-and-greets in case you don't catch them at Toy Story Land. You'll also be able to get your groove on at a DJ-hosted dance party on the sandy beaches of the Surf Pool and enjoy some specially-crafted eats and drinks. And don't tell the tadpoles, but you momma and poppa frogs will have your own special party area called The Wharf, where you can enjoy entertainment and adult libations (for an extra charge).
But perhaps the best part of Disney H2O Glow Nights is that this is your chance to enjoy much shorter waits for Typhoon Lagoon's most popular waterslides, including Crush 'n' Gusher, Humunga Kowabunga and Miss Adventure Falls.
Disney H2O Glow Nights Tickets & Dates at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
Disney H2O Glow Nights are held every Thursday and Saturday night from May 30 to Aug. 24, 2019 (with the exception of June 20). A limited number of tickets will be sold for these events. While the party officially runs from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m., guests with event tickets can start arriving at 6 p.m. for even more water park party time. Upon entering, you will be given a wristband for the evening. Oh, and don't worry! Parking is free.
On party nights, the park is open for regular guests until 8 p.m., at which point they are filtered out from those with wristbands attending the evening's event. If you have already spent the day at Typhoon Lagoon and are sticking around for the extra hours, you can find cast members handing out wristbands near the entrance ... just be sure to have your ticket and ID with you.
Disney H2O Glow Nights Dates
June 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 22, 27, 29
July 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27
August 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24
We know you'll want to get a hop on the fun — especially when we tell you we're selling Disney H2O Glow Nights tickets! Prices for Disney H2O Glow Nights tickets from Undercover Tourist (including tax) are $58.26 for adults and $53.31 for children ages 3-9 (children under 3 are free).
Disney H2O Glow Nights Highlights and Tips
- Separate your night into wet and dry. Before diving in, stow your suits in a locker while you eat dinner and mingle with characters. With this approach, you'll be nice and dry AND have your phone or camera with you for pictures throughout the fun. Then start splashin' and slidin' for the rest of the night!
- Grown-ups: Hop on over to the 21+ area, The Wharf, for signature libations. Sip on these yummy cocktails while enjoying live music with a calmer vibe than the rest of the party.
- Wear your MagicBands! You'll be able to scan them with PhotoPass photographers when you meet with Buzz, Woody and Jessie to see later in your MyDisneyExperience app. (If you don't have Magic Bands, the photographer will give you a PhotoPass card you can wear around your wrist.)
- Make the most of your ticket and arrive when "doors open" at 6 p.m. While the party doesn't officially start until 8 p.m., this gives you a head start on rides.
- Party capacity is limited, and we found the low crowds in the park to be a huge plus. Not only does this mean shorter lines, but an overall more relaxing experience than during the day. No fighting over beach chairs here!
- Try out the signature party exclusive menu items, such as the Pork Kabob or the Glowing Unicorn, a purple non-alcoholic drink with rainbow whipped cream. (Mommy Frog-approved!)
- Take advantage of the low wait times. In the time you have at the park, you can easily ride every slide (they're ALL open!) and still have time for all of the party fun. Miss Adventure Falls is our personal fave.
- Get your groove on with a fun dance party hosted by Partysaurus Rex (and a live DJ) on the sands of the wave pool. There are fun, interactive games and tons of good tunes.
- Be sure to visit with the characters! The wait times are super short, which means the characters spend more time interacting. This year, Woody and Jessie taught us how to throw a lasso and showed lots of excitement for "Toy Story 4." You can find Buzz Lightyear over by Crush 'n' Gusher, while Woody and Jessie hang out near Humunga Kowabunga.
- Take a picture with an inflatable Forky, the newest character from "Toy Story 4"! You can spot him on the bridge closest to Ketchakiddee Creek and Keelhaul Falls.
- Passholders have an exclusive opportunity to meet Bo Peep on select nights until June 29.
- Note: Food and beverage is not included in the ticket price, but the rest of the fun is!
- Some may wonder if the weather is still waterpark-worthy after dark, and we promise the answer is YES! The wave pool and water slides feel just as refreshing in the evening, when heat and humidity levels are still high.
Disney H2O Glow Nights — Should You Go?
Many of you momma and poppa frogs visiting Walt Disney World this summer are probably wondering if Disney H2O Glow Nights is worth the price of admission. By and large, we think the answer is yes! It's an especially busy summer in the parks, and Glow Nights are a great way to have fun with fewer crowds, especially if you don't mind the tadpoles staying up a little later. It's a great add-on for those of you making first-time visits who may not be planning on hitting the water parks otherwise.
While we frogs enjoy nothing more than to bask in the sun, it's awesome to have the option of visiting when the sun goes down and when lines are short for an absolutely action-packed night. Being able to tackle every attraction in Typhoon Lagoon in a matter of hours makes this event worth it alone! However, our favorite parts were certainly the extras, like meeting our Toy Story faves under the stars with less than a 10-minute wait!
Unlike other Disney World events such as Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween or Very Merry Christmas Parties, there is plenty of party time to experience all the exclusives offered. No need to choose between hitting the dance party or meeting your toy pals. Low stress and maximum Disney fun? Count us in. Between the glowing atmosphere, VIP feel and all of the fun you can accomplish during party time, H2O Glow Nights is a winner in our books.
Even if you are already planning on the Park Hopper with Plus Option (which allows you to hit up the water parks for the same number of days as the ticket), you might still want to hop on Disney H2O Glow Nights for an extra special party night at the water park!
We frogs are ready to get our glow on and plan to be there for the first party of the summer! Get your Disney H2O Glow Nights tickets and view all of our discount Disney World tickets to maximize your savings alongside the fun! Have questions about Disney H2O Glow Nights at Typhoon Lagoon? Share them in comments below!