Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- SeaWorld Orlando is celebrating Aquatica's 10th birthday in style with a 22-ton sandcastle featuring a birthday cake and elements of Ray Rush, the new waterslide coming this spring. Waterpark guests can see the fun structure through May 5 ... we may just have to hop on over this weekend!
- Ready to get into the Irish spirit? Raglan Road at Disney Springs will be hosting the Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival starting at noon on Friday, March 16 with celebrations lasting all weekend. Special Irish bands and dancers will entertain guests, to be seated on a first-come, first-served basis with a $10 cover charge March 17.
- Epcot kicked off the 25th anniversary of the Flower and Garden Festival this Wednesday featuring its newest outdoor kitchen, The Honey Bee-stro. Don't worry, we've already sampled the menu and give it our highest recommendation! This year's spring celebration takes place through May 28.
- Universal Orlando Resort shared a look behind the design of its upcoming Aventura Hotel. The hotel promises modern architecture and relaxing vibes at an affordable cost to families. I'm most excited to make s'mores at the poolside fire pit with Tad and Lily, and to join Leap for a cocktail at the rooftop bar with gorgeous Orlando views.
- Spring has sprung at Disneyland Resort! The popular Egg-stravaganza scavenger hunt returns to Disneyland, Disney California Adventure and the Downtown Disney District between Mar. 16 and April 1. The map can be returned to select merchandise locations for a fun reward!
- Universal Studios Hollywood opened its new Animation Studio Store featuring none other than our queen, Hello Kitty. The store offers park-exclusive merchandise that merges Hello Kitty with other franchise favorites such as Back to the Future, Jurassic Park and more. Hello Kitty herself will meet outside of the new structure. How fun!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.