Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- SeaWorld Orlando is bringing a virtual reality coaster to the park next summer, adding headsets to Kraken that will simulate the feel of traveling through the sea. The Kraken retrofitting is part of $175 million in changes coming to the SeaWorld parks. At SeaWorld Orlando look for the Dolphin Nursery to be remodeled and a brand-new food and wine-style event. SeaWorld Orlando added a spectacular new coaster, Mako, this past summer. It's the longest, tallest and fastest coaster in Orlando, and easily our favorite.
- For those of you who will be attending the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival this fall, check out the design for this year's mini-gift cards. The cards are one of the best ways to budget for this event. Load it up with what you want to spend and then taste around the world!
- If you're headed to Disney World this October, you're in for a royal surprise. Each day between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. through Nov. 1 a different princess will be at Disney Springs to delight guests. A PhotoPass photographer will be on hand to capture the memories.
- Our survival guide to Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights is the ultimate way to stay in the know about this premier event. This week we added more tips and advice—plus pics!—from this year's very popular event.
- Universal Studios Hollywood's Horror Nights is just as popular—the first two weekends have sold out.
- Last but not least, those of you who have been following along at home know we hopped over to Universal Orlando this week for some fun and research as part of the Blog Squad. Look for more posts from us in the coming weeks about our adventures. For now you can follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for our updates!
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!