Hi frog friends! You might have seen in our roundup last week that we'll be at the Universal Orlando Resort this week on not-so-undercover theme park business as part of Universal's Blog Squad, a diverse group of travel bloggers and experts who will be sharing their Universal travel tips and tricks on the resort's official blog (and their own!) in the coming months. (Drumroll, please! We're the only frogs that made the cut.)
We're headed to Universal and will be experiencing many of its newest attractions and other notables. So we thought it would be the perfect time to invite you all to ask us any questions you have about our Universal hoppenings or the resort in general. Whether you have questions or not, we encourage you to hop along with our adventures on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Home base will be Universal's newest resort, Loews Sapphire Falls. This Caribbean-inspired retreat offers 1,000 guest rooms and suites for a carefree, island getaway. With daily rum tastings at Strong Water Tavern and colorful cuisine at Amatista Cookhouse and New Dutch Trading Co., overseen by Executive Chef Nando Belmonte, we expect to be in good hands. We can't wait to sink our frog legs into the white, sandy beaches surrounding its fabulous pool. Who's ready to take the plunge?!
Here's what else we have on this week's itinerary:
- VIP tour of Universal Studios Florida, starting with breakfast at Moe's Tavern in Springfield, U.S.A. and lunch at Lombard's Grill
- Dining at the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen (I'm hoping to start with dessert!)
- Exploring Universal CityWalk's nightlife
- VIP tour of Universal's Islands of Adventure, including breakfast at Captain America Diner and lunch at the mythic Mythos
- Experiencing the reimagined Incredible Hulk Coaster and the brand-new Skull Island: Reign of Kong
- Previewing Universal's Volcano Bay Water Theme Park (set to open in 2017!)
- Islands dining at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort
- Blue Man Group
- Behind the Screams lights-on tour of Halloween Horror Nights 26's houses, starting with breakfast at Monsters Cafe
- Behind-the-scenes Halloween Horror Nights makeup demonstration
- RIP Tour of Halloween Horror Nights
There's a lot to pack in, and we cannot wait to soak up all the fun, food and even a few frights (it's Halloween Horror Nights season after all)!
We hope our little trip will help whet your appetite for your own Universal Orlando trip! Drop us a line in comments—especially if you have questions. And don't forget, you can find a ton of resources packed into Universal Orlando Quick-Start Guide.