Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Giddy-up! Sheriff Woody and his toy pals have moved out of Andy's room and into Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort. Toy Story Land opens tomorrow with two new attractions and one new dining location. We got a sneak peek this week and fell in love with Toy Story all over again. Those of you at home can tune in for the dedication today. It will be live streamed at 10:59 EST!
- Changes are also afoot with the Studios' Green Army Men. The oversized, real-life version of the popular Toy Story toys (and staples of our childhood) now include women, and they all have speaking parts!
- Disney Spring's newest restaurant, Terralina Crafted Italian, opened this week. The Disney Parks Blog talked to former James Beard Award-winning chef Tony Mantuano about his latest creation.
- In more yum news, there's quite the buzz over the oreo cookie funnel cake available at Oasis Canteen in Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- It's the stuff that nightmares are made of. Killer Clowns. And Chucky. Universal Orlando announced the last two of its five scare zones for this fall's Halloween Horror Nights. We're already terrified.
- And speaking of Universal Orlando, time is running out to enter our Supercharged Family Vacation Sweepstakes. You can win a three-night stay and four days of theme park fun at the resort!
- Pixar Pier opened at Disneyland's California Adventure last weekend to rave reviews, so two new attractions being announced have us hoppin' with joy! The Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind and Jessie's Critter Carousel will join Pixar Pier's lineup of attractions in 2019. We can't wait to experience these whimsical new rides.
- Lamplight Lounge, the former location of the Cove Bar, has been one of the most anticipated Pixar Pier openings. Little did we frogs know, but there is a secret dining room, only accessible by entering a secret code!
- If you want to experience the fun of Pixar Pier — and everything else at Disneyland — for a great price, hop on our limited-time Disneyland ticket sale. You can save up to $31!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.