Skip the Lines with the Orlando Planning App!
Download our FREE on-the-go iPhone app for easy access to current wait times, preset and custom touring plans, and daily park activities.Learn More
Dolphin Lagoon Details
The highlight of a visit to Discovery Cove is the rare opportunity to swim and play with a beautiful bottlenose dolphin.
The 45-minute experience begins as guests enter their cabana for a brief orientation. Through an informative video and trainer talk, guests learn about dolphin characteristics and how trainers use hand signals and positive reinforcement to communicate with these amazing animals.
Following the orientation, groups of 6-8 guests begin their thrilling 30-minute in-water dolphin experience. Accompanied by a trainer, they first wade into shallow water and become acquainted with their dolphin through hugs, kisses and rubdowns. Then, taking the relationship one step further, guests swim and play with their dolphin in deeper water, and may even receive an exciting dorsal tow or belly ride.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Similar Things to Do
More resources for Dolphin Lagoon
Related Dolphin Lagoon Posts
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- Our Top SeaWorld Orlando Tips for Your Next Visit
- How to Manage Summer Crowds and Heat at Universal Studios Hollywood
- The Best Options for a Vegetarian at Universal Orlando
- Top 20 Tips to Maximize Your Time at Universal Orlando Resort
- The Frog Family's Guide to Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside