Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- As promised from the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products panel at the D23 Expo, the Incredible Hulk arrived at Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure this week. The giant superhero in his quantum suit towers over tiny frogs like us. If you want to meet him, you should be quick about it! The Hulk will only be around for a limited time (with no specific end date).
- The launch of MagicBand+ at Disneyland Resort is getting closer! Sometime this fall, the high-tech wristband will debut on the West Coast, after arriving at Walt Disney World Resort back in July. It will also be the first-ever MagicBand model at Disneyland, and guests will finally be able to use it to scan into the park, check in at Lightning Lane entrances and link to Disney PhotoPass photos. It will also be interactive during nighttime spectaculars and for fun bounty missions in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
- Disney shared a first look at EPCOT's 40th-anniversary merchandise. The collection will debut Oct. 1 at Creations Shop (and select items on shopDisney.com), along with additional items dropping throughout the month. There will be a plethora of limited-edition products, including spirit jerseys, ears, trading pins and more. More details about the 40th-anniversary celebration will be revealed soon. Hoppy anniversary, EPCOT!
- Believe it or not — we're already in the middle of spooky season at the theme parks, and a few more Halloween events kicked off this past week, including Knott's Scary Farm, SeaWorld Orlando's Spooktacular and LEGOLAND California's Brick-or-Treat (LEGOLAND Florida's version starts this weekend!).
- Speaking of spooky, did you know that the Halloween Horror Nights icon, Lil' Boo, whose rise to fame hoppened during HHN 30 and is back for HHN 31 this year, actually de-boo'ed during HHN 27?! Learn more about Lil' Boo and more HHN lore in the beginner's guide to Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights history.
- Help name a baby dolphin at SeaWorld Orlando! Rescuers saved the baby dolphin from crab trap lines two months ago, and when released, he couldn't swim on his own and his mother wasn't anywhere nearby. After nine weeks of intensive care at SeaWorld, the baby is in stable condition, still recovering from his injuries but making good progress. SeaWorld now wants you to cast your vote for his name — Ridgway, Theodore, Pierre or Teddy — before 5 p.m. on Sept. 26. He looks like a Teddy to us!
- The brand-new Disney Wish set sail earlier this summer, and Disney recently released a full foodie guide for the ship's rotational dining — including 1923, Worlds of Marvel and Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure. (Rotational dining allows Disney cruisers to enjoy each of the three themed restaurants with the same service team.) Everything from bread service to dessert sounds so delicious (don't read through it when hungry like I did). We need to get on that boat stat!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.