Guess what? You can use your iPhone, Apple Watch or eligible Android phones to enter the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks! Disney MagicMobile service makes entering a park is as easy as waving your wand ... errr, smart device. You don't even need to wake it up from sleep mode. Hot dog!
First introduced in March 2021 to Apple devices, Disney MagicMobile service has now expanded to select Google Pay-enabled Android devices. The service works as your ticket, allowing guests to enter theme parks, link PhotoPass photos, enter attractions with your Lightning Lane window and charge food and merchandise purchases to your card when staying at a Disney Resort hotel.
Disney MagicMobile service is offered in addition to MagicBands, which continue to be offered and used across property. While Tad and Lily looooove their MagicBands, trying to find comfortable arm real estate to fit both my MagicBand and my Apple Watch has never been my fave (and without my watch, how else can I tell the whole Frog Fam how many hops we got in while we walk back to the car at the end of our day?). It's a trivial problem, I know, but the ability to just use my phone or watch to enter the parks makes me super hoppy. Disney MagicMobile is not just convenient, but it also gives you the ability to add some Disney character much like MagicBands!
MagicMobile is an easy, contactless way to access the parks. The service allows you to make and customize a digital pass via My Disney Experience, which is then added to the Wallet app. (If you've ever added a plane ticket to your Wallet, the process is very similar ... but also way cuter). Most on-site functionality remains in My Disney Experience, including PhotoPass and the digital room key feature. MagicMobile is just the name of the service that allows you to create that digital pass for entry on your device.
To begin, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app downloaded on your smartphone, and your tickets linked to the app (yes, Undercover Tourist tickets can be linked in My Disney Experience! From the app, select Tickets and Passes and follow the instructions listed under Link a Ticket or Pass. You can scan the bar code on your E-ticket PDF found in your Undercover Tourist account or your E-Tickets are Ready email). Ready to bibbidi-bobbidi-boo this?
- In the My Disney Experience app, click the three horizontal lines to open the menu. Select "Disney MagicMobilePass." You may be prompted to re-enter your password.
- Select the plus sign to add a pass; eligible guests should automatically appear. If you don't see a guest you're looking for, give Guest Relations a call at (407) 939-4357.
- Now the fun part: customizing your pass! There are all kinds of toadally fun designs to choose from, including ear hats, attractions, park icons and snacks. They are all animated upon use, with special designs for Annual Passholders and DVC members. You can use and store multiple passes on a single device, so just repeat this process for each member of your party. You can always change the style later if you want to switch things up!
- Hold your device near an access point when you enter the park, just like you would with MagicBand. You don't even need to wake your device or open the app! Keep in mind that you still need valid admission and a Disney Park Pass reservation to enter a theme park at this time. For family and friends, double-click the side or home button to open your Apple wallet. Then, swipe to their pass to use it.
- Through the My Disney Experience app, you can select passes to share. Anyone who receives your shared pass can add it to their digital Wallet and use all of its linked entitlements. This would come in handy in case either Leap or I lose one of our phones!
There you have it! Remember, you can use MagicBand and MagicMobile interchangeably. (Left a MagicBand in the room? No prob!). Keys to the World cards can be picked up at the front desk for Disney World Resort hotel guests for those who would prefer a non-digital method.
We love Disney MagicMobile as another easy option for enjoying the theme parks! The fun pass designs keep it whimsical, and there are new designs constantly added, including special ones for the 50th anniversary. With the recent addition of allowing resort guests to buy food and merchandise, and now accessing Lightning Lane selections, you can solely use your smartphone to access so many great features.
Have you tried the Disney MagicMobile service? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below!