Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- Let me start off by saying this week was hoppin' HUGE for theme park fans. To kick it all off, one of the biggest pieces of news was the grand opening date of the highly anticipated TRON Lightcycle Run! We'll soon be able to enter the grid, starting April 4, 2023, at Magic Kingdom Park. More details to come regarding potential virtual queue and Disney Genie+ offerings, but in the meantime, hop over to our post with all the info we know so far!
- ICYMI: Six frogciting updates are hoppening at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort! Just to name a couple of these changes — over at Disneyland, park hopping hours are moving to an earlier time, starting Feb. 4. Meanwhile, over on the East Coast, hotel guests can now enjoy complimentary overnight self-parking during their stays at Walt Disney World Resort hotels. For more info, we've outlined all the changes in a ribbeting recap just for you!
- Universal Parks & Resorts announced a first look into its future expansion with TWO new properties coming to Frisco, Texas and Las Vegas. In Texas, Universal plans to build a small regional theme park just for tadpoles. It will be home to family-friendly attractions, shows, characters and more — all designed to inspire frog squads with littles. On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, the Las Vegas project will be the first permanent horror experience beyond the Halloween Horror Nights events at the Orlando and Hollywood theme parks. We still don't know too much, but we'll share as we learn more details about the theme park for tadpoles in Texas and the horror venue in Las Vegas!
- Reach out and find your happily ever after ... the fan-favorite fireworks show, Happily Ever After, will once again burst in the sky above Cinderella Castle, starting April 3, 2023. Upon its return, the nighttime spectacular will feature all-new projections along Main Street, U.S.A. Guests can catch the final performance of Disney Enchantment April 2, 2023. Additionally, EPCOT Forever will also return April 3, 2023, for a limited-time run at EPCOT, while Harmonious ends April 2, 2023.
- Pete's Silly Sideshow returns Jan. 15, 2023! Circus stars Minnie Magnifique, Daisy Fortuna, The Astounding Donaldo and The Great Goofini will be taking autographs and photos under the big top at Magic Kingdom.
- Ready for some Cajun classics? Tiana's Palace is coming later this year to Disneyland Park! The new "The Princess and the Frog"-themed, quick-service restaurant will offer up authentic New Orleans flavors on Orleans Street. The French Market Restaurant (and Mint Julep Bar) will close Feb. 17, 2023, to make way for Tiana's Palace (alongside Mint Julep Bar).
- Lunar New Year is right around the corner — and Disneyland dropped the celebration's foodie guide full of flavors from Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures. There will be six marketplaces, including two brand-new ones, to choose from. My mouth is already drooling!
- We're on a roll with foodie news — Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen will officially open Jan. 27 at Universal CityWalk Hollywood. We can't wait to dive into those massive milkshakes at the steampunk-themed eatery.
- Ahoy matey! LEGOLAND Florida's newest ride, Pirate River Quest, has sailed for the first time. The boat ride travels through the natural Cypress Gardens waterways as riders, along with a rowdy group of LEGO pirates, hunt for lost treasure.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.