Lily and I couldn't be more thrilled about the fun, relaxing new service available at salons across Walt Disney World Resort. A new character-inspired glamour transformation is now available to help you fit in with all of the royalty and fun across Walt Disney World. We like to think of it as Bibbidi Bobbidi for adults, but it's a little different (although just as glamorous).
Character Couture packages have actually been available since around November, but the Disney folks only recently started promoting them. If you've always wanted to get a princess makeover at Disney World, but you know, you're an adult, well now you have options! We leaped along with one of our human friends as she got the royal treatment! We're here to give you the inside scoop on what the experience is like, what it includes, our thoughts and tips.
Overview of Character Couture Packages at Disney World
So, what exactly is this Character Couture Package? First things first, these are high-end, quality, professional salon services by licensed and trained cosmetologists. You can be confident that salon-quality products are being used in all areas of the Character Couture Package. This is available to ALL ages, and differs from Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for little ones (but is as close as you can get for adults)!
With the Character Couture Package, you can choose any character and receive a hair, makeup, and/or nail transformation inspired by their aesthetic. No character is off limits! You can consult your stylist about rocking anything between a classic princess like Snow White to an underdog favorite like Wreck-It Ralph's Vanellope Von Schweetz. And don't worry — villains, the Fab Five and Star Wars characters are fair game, too! Our frog friend chose Rapunzel and received fun, flowery braids and pink-and-purple eye glam.
Character Couture Package Pricing
One awesome benefit of the Character Couture Packages is that you can choose what works for you. There are three different options to choose from depending on how spoiled and beautified you're wanting to get! To book your Character Couture Package, call 407-939-7727.
Child (age 4-12) $50 | Adult $80
Classic Character-Inspired Hairstyle
Work with your stylist to decide on a style that represents both your favorite character and yourself. This can be anything from cascading curls and intricate braids like in our case, to an elegant up-do. The stylist will take inspiration from your chosen character and create a look perfect for you to rock. This includes optional glitter, heat styling (where applicable) and an optional tiara.
Child (age 4-12) $75 | Adult $105
Classic Character-Inspired Hairstyle and Makeup
In addition to the above hair services, the Magical Makeover Character Couture Package offers an equally customizable makeup look. Your stylist will beautify your eyes and lips pulling the colors and look of your desired character. This can be as subtle or dramatic as you'd like it to be ... the choice is yours! False lashes are included, and special light-up LED lashes are available for an additional $15.
Child (age 4-12) $90 | Adult $120
Classic Character-Inspired Hairstyle, Makeup and Nails
In addition to the above hair and makeup services, the Timeless Transformation Character Couture Package also decks out your nails with gorgeous character details! The nail treatment includes a polish application and the Jamberry nail decal of your choice — one accent nail per hand — with more available for an additional charge. The Jamberry decals are awesome — we saw options from a bold Ariel pattern to a subtle reference to Jasmine's necklace. This little bonus makes your nails extra fun. With this package, hair is first, followed by makeup, then nails.
Discounts (Cannot by combined)
Florida Resident: 10% off
Annual Passholder, Disney Vacation and Disney Visa Cardholders: 15% off
Character Couture Package Locations at Disney World
The Character Couture Packages are available at four full-service salons across Disney property, at either moderate or deluxe resort hotels. We consider this a huge, awesome perk of the service! We love any reason to explore each of the uniquely beautiful hotels at Walt Disney World.
- Ivy Trellis Salon at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
- Salon by the Springs at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- La Vida Salon at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
- Ship Shape Salon at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
For Kids: Character Couture Package Vs. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
When I first heard about Character Couture Packages, my first thought was, "Yay, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for adults!" This isn't quite the case. While it is the closest thing a grown woman can get to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (and is just as much of a dream-come-true as you'd imagine!) it is a toad-ally different experience for little ones like Lily. There are a few solid differences between Character Couture Packages and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
Spoiler Alert: Both Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Character Couture Packages are royally rad experiences.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is an incredibly immersive experience for little ones who wish to truly feel like royalty. It is a special experience of its own, whether you visit the Cinderella Castle or Disney Springs location. The Fairy Godmothers-in-Training are almost like characters themselves who make your little one feel like they're right out of a fairytale, while Character Couture is more of a straight-forward salon experience. (But don't get me wrong, the salon cast members were just as sweet and accommodating as those you'd find at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!)
The Fairy Godmothers-in-Training at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique are not licensed cosmetologists like the stylists at Disney's resort salons. This means you're getting next-level expertise and experience from the salon stylists with the Character Couture Package, which allows a much more customizable experience. At Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, there are essentially only a few variations of the same hairstyle and makeup available for little ones, which we LOVE because it's comfortable and stays in all day. But we're now huge fans of the endless options and boundless creativity allowed with Character Couture. You work with your stylist to get something that truly flatters and represents you and your character inspiration. No two looks will be the same!
Character Couture Packages are the perfect Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique alternative for little ones with sensory struggles or those who just function best in a quieter, less chaotic environment. It's also an awesome option for older tadpoles who may have already experienced Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and are "over" it. The salons are calm and elegant for an upscale, relaxing experience. This also makes it the perfect special experience for tweens and teens looking for the princess treatment. And heck, it's even a wonderful option if you didn't make the deadline for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique reservations.
Completing Your Character Couture Package Look
As mentioned above, outfits are not included in the pricing of the Character Couture Package, nor are any available on-site for purchase. You have a few options:
- Bring an outfit from home. This can be anything from a simple purple dress for a Rapunzel "day" look, to a full Cruella de Vil costume for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
- Stop by an on-site souvenir shop. At each of the hotels where the salons are located, there are multiple gift shops nearby full of adorable swag and accessories to match the fierceness of your glam.
- Visit the Disney Style Store at Disney Springs. This shop is a Disney-bounder's dream! Adorable, unique, character-inspired outfits and accessories line the walls. Visit before to be prepared for your look, or get inspired by your stylist and choose a matching outfit following your appointment.
Character Couture Package Tips
- Wear foundation. Face make-up is not included in the pricing for the Character Couture Packages (eyes and lips only!) so either apply it prior to arrival or bring it with you. This goes not only for foundation, but blush, bronzer, highlighter and whatever else you'd like to wear. You can also add face make-up to your package for an additional $25. That's what we did!
- File your nails. We weren't sure what all to expect from the "nails" part of the Character Couture Package, and we did not come prepared! Keep in mind this is not at all a full manicure, but rather just a polish application, so make sure your nails are in tip-top shape.
- Arrive with clean, dry hair. This one's pretty self-explanatory, right? ;)
- Prepare for the occasion. If you're headed straight to the parks after your Character Couture Package, keep in mind what works for your hair. While you might prefer your hair down, wearing it up will likely withstand the heat, humidity and attractions better.
- Communicate with your stylist. They just want to help you feel beautiful! Don't be shy — if you have a certain look in mind, share it with them and they might just be able to make some magic happen. Don't want anything too over the top? Let them know you're looking for a more natural, all-day look.
- Choose your location wisely. You truly can't go wrong with any of the salon options, but we recommend considering how the rest of your day looks when choosing a destination for your Character Couture package. Headed to Magic Kingdom for dinner at Be Our Guest? Consider the Disney's Grand Floridian Resorts. Going for a romantic stroll around Epcot's World Showcase? Hop on over to the Disney's Beach & Yacht Club Resorts. Disney's Coronado Springs and Wilderness Lodge Resorts are awesome options if you've never been and have time to explore the gorgeous properties and restaurants on-site.
- Attend the Princess Promenade at the Grand Floridian. We were so lucky that the timing of our appointment lined up with the Princess Promenade at the Grand Floridian — a stroll around the hotel followed by a waltz (with live pianist) in the hotel lobby with Cinderella and Prince Charming! Call ahead to find out what time this is taking place so your little one can join in on the fun after getting all dolled up.
- Make it a mother-daughter day of fun. Unlike Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, the Character Couture Package has no age limit. This is perfect for a relaxing day of mother-daughter bonding and fun. Lily and I want to come back and be transformed into Maleficent and Sleeping Beauty!
- Disney-Bound! Disney-bounding is the latest trend of using Disney characters as clothing inspirations. For example, you might rock a black dress, purple tights and seashell necklace for an Ursula look. The Character Couture Package is the perfect way to up your game for a photo-filled park day.
- Complete your Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party look. Take your costume to the next level with gorgeous hair, makeup and nails.
We were absolutely amazed by the Character Couture Package at Disney World and were in awe of the outcome. It's a special experience to help you feel extra beautiful, whether for a day at the parks, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or a nice date night out. We thought it was a good deal for the length and quality of the services, in addition to the priceless fun and confidence it brought.
Ready to reserve your own Character Couture Package at Disney World? Call 407-939-7727 to book your appointment today, and hop on down to the comments with any questions you may have. Which character would you want your look modeled after? Let us know in the comments!