Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- Hop off the press! Changes to Disney Genie+ service arrived at both Disneyland and Disney World this week. At both resorts, Genie+ service purchased same-day will be offered at a variable rate, which guests can see within the My Disney Experience or Disneyland app. At Disney World, this rate now starts at $20 per person, per day; at Disneyland, this rate now starts at $25 per person, per day. You can learn more about these changes in our guide to Genie+ at Disney World.
- At Disneyland, WEB Slingers — A Spider-Man Adventure is now available using Genie+ service and is no longer an individual Lightning Lane selection. Hop over to our guide to Genie+ at Disneyland to learn more.
- MagicBand+ will make its big debut Oct. 26 at Disneyland! Much like its Disney World counterpart, MagicBand+ will serve as a way to enter the theme parks and Lightning Lanes, can be scanned for PhotoPass and will interact with nighttime spectaculars. Stay tuned — the frogs are hoppin' to test it out next week!
- Over on the East Coast, Disney World also announced the long-awaited return of Fantasmic! will hoppen sometime in November.
- Something new is swinging into Busch Gardens Tampa! Serengeti Flyer will be the world’s tallest and fastest ride of its kind when it opens in spring 2023. Featuring twin dueling arms that progressively sway back and forth — reaching speeds of 68 mph and 135-foot height at its peak — the all-new attraction will offer views over Busch Gardens' 65-acre Serengeti Plain and multiple negative-G moments before plunging back down.
- Universal Studios Hollywood confirmed that its holiday who-bilation will return from Nov. 25, 2022, to Jan. 1, 2023. Grinchmas and Christmas in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will run each day during the celebration — all included in your daily admission! Now that makes our hearts grow three sizes.
- 100 years of magic already?! The 100th-anniversary of the Walt Disney Company will kick off Jan. 27, 2023, with the heart of the celebration at Disneyland Resort. 100 Years of Wonder celebration will take place throughout the year and will feature special offerings, including an all-new nighttime spectacular at Disneyland Park and a new World of Color show at Disney California Adventure Park. Hop over to our full post for all of the exciting details!
- Disneyland has raised its gate prices, but we're holding on to current ticket prices as long as we can! You can save up to $90 on Disneyland tickets when purchasing through Undercover Tourist, while supplies last.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.